5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st time Ram owner

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Jake from North Central Pa, and I picked up my white night edition crew yesterday. Not my first truck by a long shot, but my first ram. I will admit I have been a Ford guy most of my life. Last year, I picked up a new leftover 2019 Ford Ranger with their 0% covid deals. Great little truck. Did some upgrades. Enjoyed it. Since then, we picked up a modest travel trailer (23' box, 4k # dry). The ranger handled it okay (7,500 # towing capacity), but it could have been better. Recently, my wife picked up a new Jeep cherokee to replace her lemon lawed Kia (long story there) from the dealership where my buddy is the business manager at. He called me a few days ago to see if I wanted to sell my ranger. I had run it through carvanna and vroom and he was able to offer 3k more than what they already offered, so I took it. I had planned on stepping up into another f150 ( I previously had a 2015). He had me look at the Rams with better incentives. I test drove a basic bighorn and loved the interior. When we got back I spied a white, night edition and absolutley loved it. Only problem was it was a quad, and I needed a crew. Couple days later he found one in Ohio, and the rest is history. I plan on keeping this one relatively modest. Maybe just some side steps for the Mrs. I'm on the fence on debadging. I usually do it, but these black emblems are growing on me. I love the hemi, but it's way too quiet. I'm going to have to remedy that situation as well. Anyway, thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to learning a ton from this platform. I've attached some pictures. When I'm not messing with trucks, I have an e30 tuned eco mustang I play with, a bobbed suzuki motorycyle, and a 1968 Jeep cj-5 that I completely rebuilt in high school with my dad and grandfather. Don't mind all the junk in the background, my neighbor collects as many vehicles as I do :LOL:
IMG_5530.jpg
IMG_5533.jpg
IMG_5532.jpg
FB_IMG_1450824054317_Original.jpg
IMG_5006.jpg

h4zegrey

Reaction score
Potter County? You in/around the Coudy area or elsewhere? I did a stint there working for Adelphia in the early 2000s

h4zegrey

Reaction score
I used to live off 672. I think a few people from the old Adelphia crowd are still bouncing around up there, not sure if they work for Level3 or Lumen or whatever it's called now. Man oh man, the stories I could tell about the financial shenanigans...

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to live off 672. I think a few people from the old Adelphia crowd are still bouncing around up there, not sure if they work for Level3 or Lumen or whatever it's called now. Man oh man, the stories I could tell about the financial shenanigans...
Ha! I believe it. I was born and raised here. Sadly, that is what this area is remembered for. I was young at the time ( I'm 31 now), so some of the specifics are hazy to me, but it was quite a crazy time, that's for sure. Some people here work for Zito phone and internet ( re-branded adelphia, essentially ). Level 3, etc. are all but moved out.

h4zegrey

Reaction score
Yeah, Zito Media is what's left over from the family enterprises. Nice people, even though the one son used to run through the women in town like nothing. I will say though, if you like outdoors/hunting/fishing, Potter is the place to be.

Random trivia: the old PA longbow festival when it was at Denton hill, you could see all kinds of celebs there. Nugent made an appearance one year and brought Kurt Russell with him.

BlueMoose

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Jake from North Central Pa, and I picked up my white night edition crew yesterday. Not my first truck by a long shot, but my first ram. I will admit I have been a Ford guy most of my life. Last year, I picked up a new leftover 2019 Ford Ranger with their 0% covid deals. Great little truck. Did some upgrades. Enjoyed it. Since then, we picked up a modest travel trailer (23' box, 4k # dry). The ranger handled it okay (7,500 # towing capacity), but it could have been better. Recently, my wife picked up a new Jeep cherokee to replace her lemon lawed Kia (long story there) from the dealership where my buddy is the business manager at. He called me a few days ago to see if I wanted to sell my ranger. I had run it through carvanna and vroom and he was able to offer 3k more than what they already offered, so I took it. I had planned on stepping up into another f150 ( I previously had a 2015). He had me look at the Rams with better incentives. I test drove a basic bighorn and loved the interior. When we got back I spied a white, night edition and absolutley loved it. Only problem was it was a quad, and I needed a crew. Couple days later he found one in Ohio, and the rest is history. I plan on keeping this one relatively modest. Maybe just some side steps for the Mrs. I'm on the fence on debadging. I usually do it, but these black emblems are growing on me. I love the hemi, but it's way too quiet. I'm going to have to remedy that situation as well. Anyway, thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to learning a ton from this platform. I've attached some pictures. When I'm not messing with trucks, I have an e30 tuned eco mustang I play with, a bobbed suzuki motorycyle, and a 1968 Jeep cj-5 that I completely rebuilt in high school with my dad and grandfather. Don't mind all the junk in the background, my neighbor collects as many vehicles as I do :LOL:
View attachment 93908
View attachment 93909
View attachment 93910
View attachment 93911
View attachment 93912
Welcome! Gotta admit I'm drooling over that CJ-5... 😁

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Gotta admit I'm drooling over that CJ-5... 😁
Thanks! I'll be honest, I've only had it out a couple times this year. It's been damn cold this spring ha. No top, and it does not see winter salt. It's my daughter's favorite ice cream retrieval vehicle though. I can't blame her.

Users who are viewing this thread