5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ram

louscrw

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just purchased my first Ram last week. I bought a 2021 1500 Limited off the lot. I’ve been driving trucks for the last 26 years, going back to 1995 when I joined the Air Force.

In order:
1996 Chevy S-10 extended cab with the vortec V-6. It was my first new vehicle and served me well as a young 18yo kid new to military and living away from home for the first time.

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab w/ 5.3. Was a great truck and never had a single thing go wrong with it. Only normal wear and tear in the 9 years / 100,000 miles I owned it. The only reason I traded this truck in was because I bought a pontoon boat, and the 5.3, 3.21 rear end, and 4sp auto didn’t like towing that parachute of a boat. Traded in with 100,000 miles.

2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 crew cab w/ 5.7. The 5.7, 4.30 rear end (standard on tow package), and 6sp auto handled the pontoon like a dream. But, I made one huge mistake when buying this truck....2wd. I towed the boat to Tennessee and stayed in lake house for the week. I found the only public boat ramp close by, but man it was long and steep. I stopped at a local mom and pop bait shop and asked if that was the only ramp around. The guy responded “yes, but I see your truck out there, you’ll be fine. Just put it in 4wd and go.” When I said the truck wasn’t 4wd, he just responded “Oh”. I found a private ramp, had the wife get in the boat, and did a quick drive it off the trailer launch and I’ll meet you back at the house. 1 week after returning home, I was truck shopping. Traded in with 21,000 miles (best picture I could find...I don’t take a lot of pics)

0D18550D-EAA7-495B-A046-53848703E0E6.jpeg

2017 Toyota Tundra Limited crew cab w/ 5.7 AND 4WD. As expected, this was a great truck and got it in the same color as my 2015. The reliability and resale of Tundras is remarkable. But, I’m a sucker for gadgets and tech and like to play with stuff. For those of you not familiar with Tundras, the tech is as old as the platform (2007). As much as I appreciate the reliability, I was getting the itch for something more 21st century. Truck shopping started. Traded in with 24,000 miles. As you can see, VERY similar to my 2015.

34B18F52-B386-4057-BE61-01350BBE5F1B.jpeg

2021 Ram 1500 Limited crew cab, Hemi w/ eTorque, loaded (no rambox or MFT)! I chose the Limited 1500 over the others (GMC AT4 and Ford F-150 Platinum) because the Ram was the best of both worlds. I liked the looks of the AT4 and some of the tech (mainly cameras) is cool, but the inside leaves a lot to be desired. The Ford‘s interior was nice, but I don’t like the new exterior design and didn’t want to go through the hassle of finding one with a V-8. The Ram is awesome, inside and out, especially in Diamond Black Crystal Pearl with the Night Edition package. I look forward learning all about the Ram and hopefully have some years of trouble free ownership (I did purchase a 10yr extended warranty (I think they called it Platinum) and wrapped it up with pre-paid maintenance plan. So, shouldn’t be any money out of pocket other than $100 deductible for anything. Weather has been crap since I bought it, these the only pictures I have. I got the windows tinted today. Waiting on my Revel air links, then I mount 295/70r18 tires w/ my BC Forged wheels

46C4CCE9-6C20-42DC-84A5-2530C6B1BCC0.jpeg
F39EF9E5-6F6A-4F5C-AFAA-76B295290861.jpeg

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. Thanks for the back story as it was a good read...Welcome to the Forums!

eggshen

Reaction score
Black with the Night Edition Package is sharp! Gonna be fun keeping it clean though.

Users who are viewing this thread