5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st oil change/maintenance.....and no A/C fix....advice on what to do

dstwyatt

Reaction score
So I have been reading these message boards....and I have the same problem as others about the a/c not cooling well enough...I have a hvac thermometer that I keep in the truck. took it in for it's 1st oil change and told advisor about tsb on the a/c.. I got it back, and they said it's all fine and that it blows cold to 40degrees. I got in my truck, stuck the thermometer in the vents, and just as always, it doesn't get to about 50degrees! I check that thermometer every day and it is steady at around 50degrees, which is 10degrees warmer than all my other vehicles. Any advice on what to do next? it's not a big problem yet, but in 1 month when temps are 90 and above outside, it will be noticeable.

Ickabod

Reaction score
So I have been reading these message boards....and I have the same problem as others about the a/c not cooling well enough...I have a hvac thermometer that I keep in the truck. took it in for it's 1st oil change and told advisor about tsb on the a/c.. I got it back, and they said it's all fine and that it blows cold to 40degrees. I got in my truck, stuck the thermometer in the vents, and just as always, it doesn't get to about 50degrees! I check that thermometer every day and it is steady at around 50degrees, which is 10degrees warmer than all my other vehicles. Any advice on what to do next? it's not a big problem yet, but in 1 month when temps are 90 and above outside, it will be noticeable.

I would almost take 50 degrees....
And yet my dealer says its within spec

dstwyatt

Reaction score
I hate to here that....however someone from Ram on this board has already reached out...I will keep my fingers crossed

Newguy

Reaction score
I hate to here that....however someone from Ram on this board has already reached out...I will keep my fingers crossed
What I've done before on a bulletin a dealer didn't want to perform is have Ram confirm with you they'll reimburse the dealer for the fix, then have Ram contact the dealer and tell them they'll get paid to do it and confirm with them, then setup your appointment to get it done. I had to try a few dealerships but gone one to do it. It was for the front end clunking TSB so I understand why the dealer didn't want to do the repair since it was a lot of work. But if it's an easy repair, Ram should be able to convince the dealer to do it for you. I believe I used the logic of that the tsb said if the customer says the issue is there, fix it. Not sure if your tsb says that on it.

wayneli

Reaction score
Today is hot. My AC definitely is not doing good too.... need to test the temperature from vent...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayneli

Reaction score
I just did a test on my 1500. Above 50 degrees on all vents. Set to LO and recirculation.

Seems not good ...

Last edited:

Rockman

Reaction score
Good tint on the pano roof definitely helps

Users who are viewing this thread