5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Issue at 2600 miles and 45 days old

x001100

Reaction score
I decided to refill the DEF tank since it was less than half while I was at a truck stop that had DEF at the pump. Refilled 3+ gallons and the guage never adjusted to full even after multiple start stops today. I will wait a few more days to see if it calibrates but this is clearly not normal. Dreading having to go to a dealership right now this early on into ownership, but hey...it could be worse. Hopefully, this is not the start of all the FCA product woes I have had in the past with other models. I'll update the outcome one the fix happens in a few weeks. Anyone else had this issue?

2020 Ram Rebel Crew Cab ED

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From my experiences I found it takes up to a couple of hours for the def level to update after filling.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My DEF gauge showed full immediately when it was filled but I haven't gotten the chance to drive the truck much so we'll see what happens next time.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score

Scjon03

Reaction score
I refill mine when it reaches 1/2 tank all the time with 2.5 gallons of the blue DEF you get at Autozone or whatever. It immediately goes to full or around full. Did this with my 6.7 Cummins when I had it and now with my EcoDiesel.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I decided to refill the DEF tank since it was less than half while I was at a truck stop that had DEF at the pump. Refilled 3+ gallons and the guage never adjusted to full even after multiple start stops today. I will wait a few more days to see if it calibrates but this is clearly not normal. Dreading having to go to a dealership right now this early on into ownership, but hey...it could be worse. Hopefully, this is not the start of all the FCA product woes I have had in the past with other models. I'll update the outcome one the fix happens in a few weeks. Anyone else had this issue?

2020 Ram Rebel Crew Cab ED
Curious about this. Let us know if it corrects itself.

Boston

Reaction score
Quick question: Can you use the truckers hi flow diesel pump?

Users who are viewing this thread