5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Speaker Sub UPGRADE

Ram-583

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anyone upgraded the stock subwoofer in the 19 speaker system? The stock sub is not very good... Does anyone have any suggestions?

wsutard1

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone who has replaced the sub with a different sub in the same box run by the factory amp.
However, there are a ton of people who have ditched the factory sub, box, amp altogether and installed custom setup.

Reaction score
I am in the same situation. I am trying to find some answers on the fourms. I have a 19 Laramie with the hk system and 12" screen.
I went to a few local audio shops nearby. Pretty much they all suggested an all in one powered subwoofer box under the rear seats. They were trying to sell me on the kicker 46hs 10", kicker 11hs8 which is the kicker 8", and a rockford fosgate all in one.
The installers brought one out to my car and it just slides under the rear seat. They're actually pretty small. They were saying they should be able to tap into my line inputs using a harness from under the passenger seat. (Didnt get the harness #). Aside from that it should just be running the power/ground. They didnt make it sound too complicated, but then again. I havent done it yet. But I'll try to keep you posted as I go. Cheers and good luck

wsutard1

Reaction score
I am in the same situation. I am trying to find some answers on the fourms. I have a 19 Laramie with the hk system and 12" screen.
I went to a few local audio shops nearby. Pretty much they all suggested an all in one powered subwoofer box under the rear seats. They were trying to sell me on the kicker 46hs 10", kicker 11hs8 which is the kicker 8", and a rockford fosgate all in one.
The installers brought one out to my car and it just slides under the rear seat. They're actually pretty small. They were saying they should be able to tap into my line inputs using a harness from under the passenger seat. (Didnt get the harness #). Aside from that it should just be running the power/ground. They didnt make it sound too complicated, but then again. I havent done it yet. But I'll try to keep you posted as I go. Cheers and good luck
It’s not hugely complicated. However, make sure that they also disable the ANC system. If you don’t you will get some nasty sounds as it doesn’t work with aftermarket subs.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I stumbled across this JBL Stadium sub we’re looking for something else this morning. That sub would probably fit, but you will need to verify that impedance won’t cause a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread