5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Speaker H/K Ohms?

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
My ‘21 rebel has the HK system and is it just me or do the rear door speakers only output bass? Only my fronts output bass/mids/highs but the rears don’t output any vocals. Only bass and it’s driving my family crazy when they sit in the back. Only vocals they hear in the rear are the roof mounted speakers

CanRebel

Reaction score
My ‘21 rebel has the HK system and is it just me or do the rear door speakers only output bass? Only my fronts output bass/mids/highs but the rears don’t output any vocals. Only bass and it’s driving my family crazy when they sit in the back. Only vocals they hear in the rear are the roof mounted speakers
I also have 21 rebel with HK. All my speakers are working correctly.
anyone play with settings?

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Yes. I did turn off surround sound. Otherwise I've found vocals in back to be very low, more in front center.
Yeah my surround has been off since I purchased the truck. I wonder if the dealer has a flash or something that will fix my issue. All I hear from both rear doors are the bass and that’s it. Nothing else lol

CanRebel

Reaction score
Yeah my surround has been off since I purchased the truck. I wonder if the dealer has a flash or something that will fix my issue. All I hear from both rear doors are the bass and that’s it. Nothing else lol
I did notice with mine. The back speakers do not like when I turn up volume too much. Haven't had time to bring it to dealer. They will likely tell me not turn it up so much.
What happens if you go to settings and move it back and/or back/left or back/right?
I have mine towards back a bit. As I prefer sound coming from back vs more in my face.

zazajdh

Reaction score
I know this reply is a couple of years old...I can say, I was really disappointed in the H/K performance. My battery died and when the battery was replaced, my system came back as a lower model (I have a Limited) - I lost a bunch of features (cooled seats, power running board controls, etc). I took to the dealer and they re-flashed the system and the audio performance noticeably improved (I noticed on the way home). Bass not nearly as overpowering - I can actually stand to leave it flatlined (had it -6 or more before). Midrange still sucks and I will be replacing the 6x9's to try to improve. This thread is very useful.

4breakfree1

Reaction score
I just added infinity reference 2way 6x9 to all 4 doors with the metra 6514 connectors (22 limited HK system). The speakers are definitely getting engine noise interference now, and they sound muffled. I've read about the polarity being reversed. So I have a couple of questions. Does the reverse polarity affect the ANC and is that causing the engine noise to come through. If so, should correcting the polarity either by swapping pins or wires or to a 6515 harness fix that? Also, is the muffled sound otherwise due to the incorrect polarity? Or do I have a polarity issue and a seperate anc issue that will require a bypass harness? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread