5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Rebel red/black interior

19reb

That's incorrect. As soon as you Add the 12A package, you are prompted that leather seats will be included (along with the given 12" scren):

You are correct. I missed that totally. I just looked at what the package includes rather than trying to add it as an option.

19reb

I agree. I would give my left nut for the Hellcat. Hellcat all day .

I would not blink trading my Rebel for that beast.

Fun cars for sure. I've owned both a Scat Pack and a Hellcat Challenger and at the same time. Both great cars, but way too heavy for the amount of power they have. My Scat Pack tried to kill me on more than one occasion so I got rid of it. The suspension on them totally sucks. Then I realized after nearly 3 years of ownership of the Hellcat that I'm just not mature enough to keep my foot out of it. Never got any tickets in it, but have rattled my cage a few times with it.

And yes, that's a Durango R/T in the back there. Still have it. Mopar or no car!

JpP5DnT.jpg

REBELl2019

Reaction score
So is it a good thing that I ended up with the 12 instead of the 12a? I have the Harmon Kardon 19 speaker system, heated seats, steering wheel, leather seats, 12 inch screen and to my pleasant surprise it came with the ramboxs above the wheel wells and the the bed partion/extender. I do have a question though, there are 3 straps on the back of the rear seats, I am not sure exactly what they do, my only guess is they are for the child car seats? I provided pictures in hopes someone could tell me. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20190314_174405.jpg
    20190314_174405.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190314_174414.jpg
    20190314_174414.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190314_174422.jpg
    20190314_174422.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 38

NightRebel

Reaction score
Just to add, and I’m not sure what package I have but you guys can probably decipher it from my signature.... I thought I had a Rebel 12 just based on the 12” Uconnect but it doesn’t say Rebel 12 on my window sticker and I don’t have all black leather seats. I have black and red, 9 speaker Alpine, and 12” Uconnect. Seems I have everything but the seats and if HK isn’t available anymore the only thing that doesn’t make it a Rebel 12 is the seats. Would you say I don’t have a Rebel 12 then? Seems petty I know, but I’d just like to know if it is or not. Guessing not if the window sticker doesn’t say Rebel 12.

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I attached part of the window sticker from my Rebel 12A. It shows everything that is part of the 12A package. The seats are full leather, all black, no tire-tread in the middle, no red sides or back, but does have the Rebel logo stitched in the side bolsters, 9-speaker Alpine with subwoofer.

You can get the normal Rebel seats with red sides/back and tire tread middle with a 12" screen, but the 12" screen is listed separately as Uconnect nav 12" Display instead of the usual Uconnect 8.4" Display (with or without nav). But this combo is not the Rebel 12A package.

Attachments

• Rebel12A.png
    Rebel12A.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 14

dannydyn

Reaction score
So is it a good thing that I ended up with the 12 instead of the 12a? I have the Harmon Kardon 19 speaker system, heated seats, steering wheel, leather seats, 12 inch screen and to my pleasant surprise it came with the ramboxs above the wheel wells and the the bed partion/extender. I do have a question though, there are 3 straps on the back of the rear seats, I am not sure exactly what they do, my only guess is they are for the child car seats? I provided pictures in hopes someone could tell me. Thank you in advance.

I don't believe the Rambox or the BUG were ever part of any Rebel12 package. Do you have your sticker?

Neokane

Reaction score
I don't believe the Rambox or the BUG were ever part of any Rebel12 package. Do you have your sticker?

On the build site, you can add the rambox to a rebel with a level 1 or level 2 package, or the 12/12a package..
same with the BUG.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. I would give my left nut for the Hellcat. Hellcat all day .

I would not blink trading my Rebel for that beast.
.......maybe an engine swap into the Rebel from Hellcat. ( I am sure its probably impossible but a crazy thought anyways) Next owner of Hellcat might be a bit unhappy with stock Rebel motor) Maybe add parachute to truck!

19 REBEL RAM

Reaction score
And I say again.. the only difference between the rebel 12 and the rebel 12A is the harmon kardon/alpine speakers..

If you dont have leather then you dont have a rebel 12 package..

You have a rebel with a 12" screen and alpine speakers.

You are exactly correct , the only difference between the original Rebel 12 package and the Rebel 12a is the HD speakers for the original 12 and the 9 alpine speakers for the rebel 12a I just confirmed this yesterday when I spoke to my dealer , I wanted to make sure I was getting a good speaker system because when you go to the ram build site it does not seem to be listed with the new rebel 12 a package but I remembered seeing it on the dealers portal . once again he told me the new configuration comes with the 9 amplified speaker system , instead of the HD system all other options are the same , I ordered three weeks ago and they told me my truck has been built and left the factory to an up fit site and then will be shipped soon to my dealer , looks like its going to be right on time frame of 4 to 6 weeks that I was told , cant wait!!!

19 REBEL RAM

Reaction score
So 12A includes the following:

12" screen
Leather seats
Heated seats and steering wheel

The only thing that remains up in the air is the Alpine system. People (including my well informed dealer) claim the Alpine is part of the 12A package, yet the online configurator still has the Alpine as a separate, extra $595 option on top of the 12A.
This is exactly why I called my dealer yesterday to confirm , the 9 amplified speaker system is included in the new rebel 12a pac according to them and Ill let you know for sure when my truck comes in , in a few weeks ,..!!!

19 REBEL RAM

Reaction score
I just got a Rebel which supposedly has the Rebel 12 package. But I thought red seats and the tread pattern were part of the Rebel 12 package. My seats are all black and no tread pattern. What gives? I also thought the Rebel 12 package came with 19 speakers. Mine has 9. What gives? From what I understand is the 19 speakers are hit and miss. I get that. But what about the seats?

Were my windows sticker and build sheet manipulated to make this look like a Rebel 12 and sold as such? Is that even possible? A lot of stuff is missing from my Rebel 12. Not sure what to think really.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
all black seats are part of the new rebel 12a package and the original rebel 12 package , you have full leather seats , standard seats will have tread cloth center and all red backing to the seat , in other words youve got a rebel 12a package that includes a 9 amplified speaker system / only the first run of original rebel 12 trucks have the 19 speaker HD system , the truck I test drove had the leather and im telling you I loved it so much , thats the one I ordered , should be getting it soon , hopefully in the next few weeks

Neokane

Reaction score
all black seats are part of the new rebel 12a package and the original rebel 12 package , you have full leather seats , standard seats will have tread cloth center and all red backing to the seat , in other words youve got a rebel 12a package that includes a 9 amplified speaker system / only the first run of original rebel 12 trucks have the 19 speaker HD system , the truck I test drove had the leather and im telling you I loved it so much , thats the one I ordered , should be getting it soon , hopefully in the next few weeks

They where making the Rebel 12 packages for a while. Idk when they officially stopped, but mine has a build date of 1/22

I am really curious what the REAL reason they quit making the HK systems in the 12's and when to the alpine in the 12A

19 REBEL RAM

Reaction score
They where making the Rebel 12 packages for a while. Idk when they officially stopped, but mine has a build date of 1/22

I am really curious what the REAL reason they quit making the HK systems in the 12's and when to the alpine in the 12A
I was reading somewhere that some owners were having issues with the HD system and some of them got it somewhat straightened out with a computer download fix , maybe they changed to the 9 speaker alpine because they were having problems with the HD systems , pure speculation on my part .

edgarrian

Reaction score
It could be that they didn't expect the demand to be as high and may have ran out of inventory for the HK. It could be that some were having issues with sound and they opted to discontinue the HK. The Alpine system is great

Neokane

Reaction score
That doens't make a lot of sense since they still offer the HK system on the limiteds. I have the HK system and it is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread