5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Rebel alignment opinion

Lantebi

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m looking for opinions on the alignment that was done on my truck after changing out to new tires. I’ve got an 2019 ram 1500 Rebel 4x4 steel suspension. Everything is stock. There feels like a slight wobble in the back right tire. I don’t know much about alignments and balancing and can’t find any kind of stock spec sheets to compare what I got back to. Not sure if this is an alignment issue or tire balancing issue. I’m trying to find some more information before I call them back to have them work on it again. Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• IMG_9797.jpeg
    IMG_9797.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 26

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there's nothing to align in the rear. Try have a tire shop balance the wheels for you and see how much it is off.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m looking for opinions on the alignment that was done on my truck after changing out to new tires. I’ve got an 2019 ram 1500 Rebel 4x4 steel suspension. Everything is stock. There feels like a slight wobble in the back right tire. I don’t know much about alignments and balancing and can’t find any kind of stock spec sheets to compare what I got back to. Not sure if this is an alignment issue or tire balancing issue. I’m trying to find some more information before I call them back to have them work on it again. Thanks in advanced
I had to get a road force balancing done on my replacement Dura-Tracks.
The dealer that sold me the tires tried their darn-est to get it right, they just did not have the tools to do it.
Cost me 190 bucks to get the work done at a different tire shop, was worth it to me.

Marine6212

Reaction score
Went through a similar thing with my 2016 Ram 2wd. Ordered tires online and then shipped them to a Tires Plus store that mounted and balanced them for free! Had so much vibration 30+ mph that you couldn't hold the steering wheel. They told me the tires were too heavy for my rims! I had the stock steel rims!! 😆 had to have a road force balance done on them at a different tire shop!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
also just throwing it out there: KO2s are ***** and half to balance even when new. Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Toyo Open Country, and Nitto Ridge Grappler are all far more easier to balance.

Heck, my personal set of 5 AT3W were done with .25oz of weight on 3 tires and 1oz of weight for one, and no weight for the last.
By far AT3Ws were the most common that I've balanced with no weight needed when the tire is mounted properly (yellow dot on valve stem)

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
also just throwing it out there: KO2s are ***** and half to balance even when new. Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Toyo Open Country, and Nitto Ridge Grappler are all far more easier to balance.

Heck, my personal set of 5 AT3W were done with .25oz of weight on 3 tires and 1oz of weight for one, and no weight for the last.
By far AT3Ws were the most common that I've balanced with no weight needed when the tire is mounted properly (yellow dot on valve stem)

Part of the problem is the average "big box" tire shop in some places doesn't know how to balance heavy, AT tires for trucks. Had the same issue with a local Mavis. First off, they didn't put the weights in the right spot so I couldn't rotate my tires without the rear tire's weights hitting the front calipers. Second, they just don't know how to do it.

KO2's are ridiculously high quality tires. I solved all my problems by taking it to a true off-road specialty tire and mechanic shop. They did my last alignment and balance and the truck tracks straight with no wobble.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Part of the problem is the average "big box" tire shop in some places doesn't know how to balance heavy, AT tires for trucks. Had the same issue with a local Mavis. First off, they didn't put the weights in the right spot so I couldn't rotate my tires without the rear tire's weights hitting the front calipers. Second, they just don't know how to do it.

KO2's are ridiculously high quality tires. I solved all my problems by taking it to a true off-road specialty tire and mechanic shop. They did my last alignment and balance and the truck tracks straight with no wobble.
well big box shops usually employ some of the least qualified individuals for dirt cheap who just wants to show up and get paid and not put their minds in the work. Smaller enthusiast owned shops usually run a tighter ship because they tend to employ people who are also enthusiasts and more knowledgeable through messing up their own ride and fixing them (i mean... i do that a lot)

KO2s are great tires and there's a reason why they are/ were the benchmark in AT tires category. There's no doubt in that. But my point coming from someone who does these things almost on a daily basis, they are pain in the *** to balance when compared to offerings from other brands.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
well big box shops usually employ some of the least qualified individuals for dirt cheap who just wants to show up and get paid and not put their minds in the work. Smaller enthusiast owned shops usually run a tighter ship because they tend to employ people who are also enthusiasts and more knowledgeable through messing up their own ride and fixing them (i mean... i do that a lot)

KO2s are great tires and there's a reason why they are/ were the benchmark in AT tires category. There's no doubt in that. But my point coming from someone who does these things almost on a daily basis, they are pain in the *** to balance when compared to offerings from other brands.

I can't argue that. I will say, they did get me a ridiculous deal on the KO2's though. For the cost of having to have them rebalanced, I still was in the green. They gave me a 20% discount for some unknown reason and you couldn't even find the tires at the time.

With that being said, they are definitely a very heavy tire for the size and I can see with all that material how they would be a bear to balance.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't argue that. I will say, they did get me a ridiculous deal on the KO2's though. For the cost of having to have them rebalanced, I still was in the green. They gave me a 20% discount for some unknown reason and you couldn't even find the tires at the time.

With that being said, they are definitely a very heavy tire for the size and I can see with all that material how they would be a bear to balance.
as long as you come up it's all that matters.

oh yeah, those are one of the heavier tires for similar sizes. And their performance is also why when customers new into this thing ask for them all the time. It's a household brand like when you want to buy detergent you go with Tide lol

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
as long as you come up it's all that matters.

oh yeah, those are one of the heavier tires for similar sizes. And their performance is also why when customers new into this thing ask for them all the time. It's a household brand like when you want to buy detergent you go with Tide lol

Bit off topic but I have seen those tires absolutely pummeled, day in, day out. I went to S. Africa in May of this year for a hunting safari. 9 out of 10 of the safari trucks there had KO2's on them. My PH even said "They are so expensive here but that's all we run on our trucks."

After seeing what that drive on (and sometimes through) going like 40-50mph, that's a tough tire.

My father has Nitto's, also a good tire. Toyo's, Falken, etc also good. I just really like my KO2's.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bit off topic but I have seen those tires absolutely pummeled, day in, day out. I went to S. Africa in May of this year for a hunting safari. 9 out of 10 of the safari trucks there had KO2's on them. My PH even said "They are so expensive here but that's all we run on our trucks."

After seeing what that drive on (and sometimes through) going like 40-50mph, that's a tough tire.

My father has Nitto's, also a good tire. Toyo's, Falken, etc also good. I just really like my KO2's.
nothing wrong with choosing what you like. i just went with AT3s because they are easy to balance on my end and we still go 60-70 on dirt on 25 psi constantly.
But our trail lead with his 3rd gen cummins on full top shelf Carli treatment runs 39 KO2s. Dude's the type of guy that can go 80 on more whoopy dirt sections and catch air while I had to slow down to 40-50 just because my suspension still can't catch up lol. They are Baja Champions for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread