5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'19 RamBox crossbar/rack options

Imp0ster

Reaction score
Are there any options at all for crossbars with the RamBox/Track system? A Nutzo rack is out of the question and at this point I feel kinda screwed by the RamBox setup. It pretty much eliminates any common bed rack system in production and forces you into expensive customization. I carry two custom SUPs and would like to utilize the bed for accessories and carry the SUPs on a rack at bed rail level. The pillar gripping roof rack is out of the question since it just destroys the paint. Crossbars would give me the option to carry my bike and a basket like I wanted in the first place. I feel like I made a terrible mistake with the RamBox

Imp0ster

Reaction score
Since I didn't get one reply here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to buy 4, 1x1", .083 wall aluminum box stock(linked below), bolting two together after cutting to length and adding tube plugs to the ends. I'll drill through the top and down through an existing hole in the track and through bolt using 1/4-20 stainless and wing nuts. This will be good for about 400lbs. I plan on putting my Thule SUP carrier on it and also mounting boat seats with tracks to the rails when I go to the beach so the girl and I can watch the sun drop while drinking frosty beverages in comfort. This is a simple solution to a very, very stupid problem.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Somewhere else on the forums someone used these. It looks like they work with the cargo rails if you have the BUG rails.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MZSON6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Then you can add Inno's bars. I think the 46" will work but they also have 50". Haven't measured myself so I would double check. That should give you a rack setup.

Imp0ster

Reaction score
thanks for listing an option. I'll still go with my idea since they want $160 for a steel bar setup but at least people searching have what you linked as a available solution!

FL Laramie

Reaction score
Would you mind uploading some pics? Warm weather is coming up here in N FL. I would like to rig something up to haul the bikes around. Thanks for the links and idea.

Dragon_RAM

Reaction score
Second request for some pics of what you’ve done. I’m trying to get crossbars to fit into the t-slots on the slide rail myself but am of the opinion I’ll need to make it myself.

Maritimer0021

Reaction score
Anyone come up with anything here? I’d also like to buy crossbars to work with the BUG rails.

Currently looking at the Inno bars, but uncertain what size to get. Ideally, I can install them and still use my tonneau cover when not in use.

Any pics or responses would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zj4x4

Reaction score
I went with the American Roll Cover with the Yakima rails and added crossbars and a rack.

1657662873989.png
1657662899112.png

Users who are viewing this thread