5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Ram Limited - Borla ATAK Crate Muffler

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Here is my Borla ATAK Crate Muffler (400844). First clip is with resonators and Borla muffler, next is cold start after resonator delete and third is warm start resonator delete. This system is amazing and I am into this system for under $500.

Following removal of the rear resonators drone is nearly non-existent...I know this doesn't make much sense, but once the muffler was swapped it seems the rear resonators magnified the switch to 4CYL.

I do not have the resonator delete pipes installed as I can not get to them at my work due to COVID restrictions, so, the exhaust is essentially dumped at the cut in the instructions.

I will get a couple clips after I get the pipes and am able to reinstall my tips.

One other note, all videos are shot with an iPhone XS Maxx.

Borla Crate Muffler - With Resonators

Borla Crate Muffler - Without Resonators - Cold Start

Borla Crate Muffler - Without Resonators - Warm Start

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Definitely sounds different from all the other Atak installs that I’ve been privy to, how is it while on the freeway ?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Definitely sounds different from all the other Atak installs that I’ve been privy to, how is it while on the freeway ?

Haven't really been on the freeway with it much, but drone seems minimal if any. I'll have to update further once I start my work commute again.

Part of the difference may be that it is not going through the tailpipes...another huge difference would be that this is a $234 muffler welded in vs $1k Borla full system. I imagine there are differences between this and the full system, but at under $500 for mine...muffler, weld install and B2Fab delete I think it sounds amazing. No need to pay double for me. Of course on the otherside the video does not do justice to the sound and it was shot on an iPhone vs something with a better ability to capture audio.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Completely forgot to update everyone. I have not taken more videos since the delete pipes are still at my office downtown and I am now waiting on some 5" tips as well.

After driving with the truck it is definitely loud with city driving, but in my opinion not overly loud. The neighbors did comment the other day though...they said "did you do something to the exhaust on your truck?" I told them and they said "there he is at modding another vehicle" lol.

I would say drone on this system is nearly nonexistent and I'm not a fan of drone. I am hoping this becomes even less and acceleration noise level within the cab goes down a bit once the exhaust is routed out the back again rather than dumped under the bed of the truck.

May end up going to my office to pick up the pipes over the weekend to install. We will see.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this setup with eTorque? Would it make much of a difference? Kind of a stupid question but I've been looking at the ATAK and honestly the full cat back is a bit pricey. I think it sounds great with the resonators deleted and for a significant price difference I don't see why more people don't go this route.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this setup with eTorque? Would it make much of a difference? Kind of a stupid question but I've been looking at the ATAK and honestly the full cat back is a bit pricey. I think it sounds great with the resonators deleted and for a significant price difference I don't see why more people don't go this route.
E-Torque makes no difference in the sound compared to the regular setup. Not sure if you have the auto-start/stop function...obviously with that you'll just hear the exhaust start back up when you get going. Sometimes kind of annoying when you are in stop and go but you can turn it off.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
E-Torque makes no difference in the sound compared to the regular setup. Not sure if you have the auto-start/stop function...obviously with that you'll just hear the exhaust start back up when you get going. Sometimes kind of annoying when you are in stop and go but you can turn it off.
Yeah the latter part is what I was wondering about. I figured it would sound the same but was curious how annoying it is it with auto start/stop. At the end of the day I think personally it wouldn't bother me but doesn't hurt to ask what others experiences with it were like.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Yeah the latter part is what I was wondering about. I figured it would sound the same but was curious how annoying it is it with auto start/stop. At the end of the day I think personally it wouldn't bother me but doesn't hurt to ask what others experiences with it were like.
It's not that big of a deal, just pushes a little rumble when it starts back up. I had the Borla ATAK catback and now the AWE 0fg and it doesn't bother me. If you were in stop and go city driving, just turn the auto start off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online