5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 RAM 1500 Limited - Battery Dies After Sitting Overnight

kaedenr

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just purchased a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited with Air Suspension and now running into an issue where the battery is dying overnight. This didn't seem to be an issue the first couple-few days I had the truck. It'd start just fine every morning, however since putting a leveling kit on, this seems to be a consistent issue (coincidence maybe?). I installed a 2" leveling kit a couple of days ago and now both mornings since then, the battery has been dead when I go out to leave for work in the morning. It's also worth mentioning that I now occasionally get a "Service Air Suspension" message on the dash that goes away on it's own almost as quickly as it comes on. This happens probably 2-3 times a day, but I drive a lot. (Thinking separate issue, something to do with calibration maybe after the level kit?). Either way, really just wondering if there's any common battery draw type concerns with these trucks before I end up taking it to the dealer for the issue. Thanks in advance!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t think the air suspension has anything to do with the battery unless you are noticing the air system staying on consistently after powering off the truck. I’m guessing u did either a day star spacer lift and links or ready lift??

kaedenr

Reaction score
I don’t think the air suspension has anything to do with the battery unless you are noticing the air system staying on consistently after powering off the truck. I’m guessing u did either a day star spacer lift and links or ready lift??
It's actually a Tuff Country kit but it's a 2" spacer that goes on top of the air spring and then adjustable links.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's actually a Tuff Country kit but it's a 2" spacer that goes on top of the air spring and then adjustable links.
Possibility of a nicked airline that is causing compressor to stay on in intervals? I'm not 100% sure about the air suspension, just thinking outloud lol

Users who are viewing this thread