5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Ram 1500 5.7 Bed to a Rambox bed can it be done?

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
I was wondering on the 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 reg. bed could i interchange this bed and replaced it with a Rambox bed from a 19 ?
If i purchased the bed it would cost me $2200 salvage same color as my truck. the entire bed comes with the taillights/ tailgate and the ramboxes. No bumper i figure i could use my current one.

do you think the harness would be plug and play or is there a difference ?

is there a seperate harness for the rambox what about the ramboxes locking and unlocking .?

Im assuming i will need to have the dealership flash or adding the rambox feature to my truck

anyone has any diagram and maintenance procedures on removing the bed.

Please don't be so negative with comments

j517

Reaction score
Hi why u just buy a nice tonneau cover for that money I'm thinking of getting the diamondback. They have a bunch of accessories. Make it ur own. I almost bout a trk with the ram box guy beat me by 30 min may e it wasn't meant to be.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

RonH

Reaction score
I love my RamBoxes. I can see why you'd like to have them.

Another thing you would have to do is have the lock cylinders on the RamBox keyed to your vehicle. They lock and unlock with the power locks, so that would probably be a flash. There is also a 115V outlet in the Rambox. The wiring harness may be different to accommodate those features.

j517

Reaction score
They had 2 trucks both limited one with and one with out the people that got the dealership before me beat me to it.

But u going to spend 2k on a bed for a truck bed from a salvaged vehicle how would that work with ur ins since the vinyl Id number be different from ur og truck. I am sure the ram box bed has a hidden vinyl number for law enforcement t to track it.

I'm just saying is it worth the head ache

j517

Reaction score
You'd probably be the first one to do it...so you'll have to tell us!
lol pass i done my share of rigging and inventing stuff.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
In the previous model years this has been done with the above concerns.

PTRAM

Reaction score
I saw on TV a couple of weeks ago about the new multifunction tailgate for the 2019 Ram that I don't think is available yet and they said you could switch your current 2019 Ram tailgate if you also replaced the bed for about 4 to 5 thousand dollars. (can't remember the exact price--but somewhere in that neighbor hood). So replacing a bed is going to cost a pretty big "nickel."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread