5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 limited washing

Benny1

Reaction score
White limited seems like the dirt just literally sticks to this thing not even 3200 psi takes it off, only a sponge touches it! Noticed last winter also salt wouldn’t even come off with pressure washer. I use all chemical guys soaps n waxes, n seems like wax lasts one wash, I’m just not a happy camper at this moment, may hafta go with ceramic coat. Any problems out their like no clear coat on some of these trucks as I’ve never had a truck hold onto dirt like this one! Ok rant over! Ugh!

nicodywill

Reaction score
I had a detailer apply a ceramic based wax to mine and it's helped a ton.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of the car wash soaps are PH balanced, so they don't really "clean" the truck; they just make things slippery so that you don't scratch the truck when you are cleaning it. I have tried all different kinds of wash soaps and haven't found one to my liking yet; they will leave the truck shiny and spot free, but don't do so great cleaning it. The best wash soap I ever had was Turtle Wax Ice Wash, sadly I can no longer find it in stores. I know ceramic is all the rage now, but I actually still use wax. I think ceramic gives a nice shine; but my experience with it is that it isn't that slippery. I like a slippery wax to repel dirt and water and to protect my truck from scratches. I have been using Collinite 476S on my truck and have been very happy with it; i get 4 to 5 months of water repelling and slickness with it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
White limited seems like the dirt just literally sticks to this thing not even 3200 psi takes it off, only a sponge touches it! Noticed last winter also salt wouldn’t even come off with pressure washer. I use all chemical guys soaps n waxes, n seems like wax lasts one wash, I’m just not a happy camper at this moment, may hafta go with ceramic coat. Any problems out their like no clear coat on some of these trucks as I’ve never had a truck hold onto dirt like this one! Ok rant over! Ugh!
Clear on these vehicles is not different than any other. Your std run of the mill carnauba wax will indeed last a wash or two. If you want more protection, use a sealant like Megs M21 or Collinite 845.
You can also go the SIO2 route. Plenty out there that will give you great protection and stay on for a few months.

Cheers,

db682

Reaction score
1. Wash the truck good to remove all dirt and road films.
2. Clay bar the whole truck to remove any embedded debris and stains.
3. Then use Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish over everything.
4. After every couple washes apply Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax (super simple).
5. Every couple months reapply aq fresh coat of Ultimate Fast Finish.

The hardest part is the clay barring. The Fast Finish is an aerosol product that you just spray on to a clean terry/microfiber cloth and wipe on. A little goes a long way with this stuff. The Hybrid Ceramic Wax is a spray bottle product that you spray on your truck after washing, while still wet, then you spray more water over the entire vehicle to spread it on. Then dry your truck and your done.

EZPZ!

Users who are viewing this thread