5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'19 Limited says "Service Air Suspension Immediately" and front end is dropped

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
Was dreading this happening the past 2 years as the air suspension occasionally gave error messages like "air suspension cooling down, please wait." Never had it totally fail though, which it now has. As mentioned, the front end is totally lowered, rear raised. Won't respond. It gave the "service air suspension" message (and subsequently added "immediately" to that) the past 2 days leading up to this. No obvious provoking cause, maybe hot weather? I'm taking it to the dealer this weekend, will have to get a rental. Sucks. Any advice, experiences? I'll come back with updates....

Overall it is whatever, I'll fix it or get rid of it if need be. But I am pissed that RAM has such a defective system. It's notorious, and basicallly bordering on engineered obsolescence. Tesla has batteries. We have air suspensions. Either way, vehicle is guaranteed good only for less than a decade. Use it a while and then throw it away. Like a smartphone...."oh sorry it's broke. Buy a new one." Very discouraged by the state of the automotive market these days.

John Galt

Reaction score
Yeah but it sure is cool while it works!

Nobody’s stopping you from buying a base model work truck with no electronics but Limiteds have to be treated like any other high end luxury vehicle. I would want to own a Mercedes, BMW, or Audi beyond warranty period either. Buy it new. Drive it for 3 years tops and trade/sell it.

I would no more want a Limited out of warranty than I would an AMG with those seats that grab and cradle your *** when you get into a tight turn.

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Was dreading this happening the past 2 years as the air suspension occasionally gave error messages like "air suspension cooling down, please wait." Never had it totally fail though, which it now has. As mentioned, the front end is totally lowered, rear raised. Won't respond. It gave the "service air suspension" message (and subsequently added "immediately" to that) the past 2 days leading up to this. No obvious provoking cause, maybe hot weather? I'm taking it to the dealer this weekend, will have to get a rental. Sucks. Any advice, experiences? I'll come back with updates....

Overall it is whatever, I'll fix it or get rid of it if need be. But I am pissed that RAM has such a defective system. It's notorious, and basicallly bordering on engineered obsolescence. Tesla has batteries. We have air suspensions. Either way, vehicle is guaranteed good only for less than a decade. Use it a while and then throw it away. Like a smartphone...."oh sorry it's broke. Buy a new one." Very discouraged by the state of the automotive market these days.

Not sure how or why you're calling it a defective system or obsolete when its in place in millions of cars. Tesla and MB uses the same system. Its a failed part, get it fixed and move on

Rammmer

Reaction score
Had this issue in mine, front air shock was leaking and dealer fixed it under warranty.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you kept getting the "cooling down" warning, you had a leak and should have had it serviced/repaired. Now it has failed, and you can see that the leak is most likely in the front. Looks like a dealer visit.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
air suspension is the thing I like MOST about my 19....never had one problem..and to me, it's a must-have for towing.

The air suspension is the reason I bought a limited over the longhorn, love it.
Yes I know you can get air ride on other trims but it doesn't make financial sense to me, the only sell on the longhorn were the black and saddle seats, aside from that, the limited with all it had appealed to me more, especially the standard item of air ride.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online