5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18s or 20s on Rebel?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really wanted 18s for my 2025 Laramie, but after talking to Custom Offsets this week, that doesn't seem possible. They said the recent 1500s are just too inconsistent with 18s. The same 18" wheel will fit some 1500s but not others, and they no longer recommend any after-market 18 on a new 1500.
that doesn't make sense at all... caliper part numbers should be the same all across, which means caliper sizes should be the same.
unless Ram's QC is so bad that calipers don't come standard sized with deviations big enough to make that difference.
regardless, that sounds like total bull to me... "recent 1500s are too inconsistent with 18s" lolll

Again, choose something that's proven to work and do research. There is a write up I did on how to fit 18s (provided that the wheel doesn't hit caliper without weights) and how to balance it with weights.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that doesn't make sense at all... caliper part numbers should be the same all across, which means caliper sizes should be the same.
unless Ram's QC is so bad that calipers don't come standard sized with deviations big enough to make that difference.
regardless, that sounds like total bull to me... "recent 1500s are too inconsistent with 18s" lolll

Again, choose something that's proven to work and do research. There is a write up I did on how to fit 18s (provided that the wheel doesn't hit caliper without weights) and how to balance it with weights.
I asked my shop to order 18's for mine. They did and slapped them on when they came it. I never even knew it was an issue until someone said so. Even then they had no proof. They just ordered 20's because they heard that. I also am not going to go back and search for posts about it actually being an issue. My 18's were on for a long time before I ever heard this.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked my shop to order 18's for mine. They did and slapped them on when they came it. I never even knew it was an issue until someone said so. Even then they had no proof. They just ordered 20's because they heard that. I also am not going to go back and search for posts about it actually being an issue. My 18's were on for a long time before I ever heard this.
usually when wheels come in it's okay to test fit on the truck to check fitment, and it's perfectly fine to be returned as long as tires are not mounted.
i don't know why people don't really do their research on what fits and what doesn't. that's what the forums with plenty of write ups and pictures are for.
i mean, cheat sheet provided... just copy other people's homework!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
usually when wheels come in it's okay to test fit on the truck to check fitment, and it's perfectly fine to be returned as long as tires are not mounted.
i don't know why people don't really do their research on what fits and what doesn't. that's what the forums with plenty of write ups and pictures are for.
Because not every wheel has been fitted and not everyone has the same taste or wants to run the same wheels others have. :unsure:

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I totally made an assumption. 18 came on my Rebel, so I assumed 18's would fit on my Rebel. I off road so 20's never entered my mind. Lo and behold, 18's fit on my Rebel. Mind blown

jonusko

Reaction score

He said the clearance is tight, and caliper placement fluctuates enough that 18s don't fit on many newer 1500 trucks. Custom Offsets probably received too many returns, so they are now telling customers to not even try. That doesn't mean 18s will never fit. It's hit-and-miss and costly to ship them back if they don't fit. I am tempted to order just the rims first and see if they fit.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He said the clearance is tight, and caliper placement fluctuates enough that 18s don't fit on many newer 1500 trucks. Custom Offsets probably received too many returns, so they are now telling customers to not even try. That doesn't mean 18s will never fit. It's hit-and-miss and costly to ship them back if they don't fit. I am tempted to order just the rims first and see if they fit.
damn that's a first lol "caliper placement fluctuates"
if you have a local shop, have them order and test fit but check if they can do returns. chances are shops can do free returns. If the wheel fits then worry about the tires later.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because not every wheel has been fitted and not everyone has the same taste or wants to run the same wheels others have. :unsure:
yeap that's the part i don't get. why people choose to be creative between that and getting stuff that's proven to work, then complaint about lack of choices and make life way more difficult for themselves. but oh wells.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I totally made an assumption. 18 came on my Rebel, so I assumed 18's would fit on my Rebel. I off road so 20's never entered my mind. Lo and behold, 18's fit on my Rebel. Mind blown
lol 18 came with my Rebel, so I assumed 18s would fit.
then I just copied Carli's homework and then hear people complain lol

MooseLodgePT

Reaction score
I have zero issues with my setup. Method 305 18x9,-12 offset, 4.5 backspacing (I think) on 35x12.5 KO2. Other than the sidewalls of the KO2’s are a bit stiff and I wish they were a bit better in the wet. My 2 cents.

Attachments

• IMG_1409.jpeg
    IMG_1409.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1407.jpeg
    IMG_1407.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread