5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18 vs 19 Alpine System

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
So I unfortunately am waiting for my truck to be repainted for $2K in paint defects (dealer not manufacturer owned). In the meantime I've been driving an loaner 18 Laramie 2wd eco diesel. I can't help but notice the bass in it is substantially louder then my 19....or am I crazy?

I'm seriously going to have to make a b-line to the back seat to see if there is a sub back there.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think the difference is that the 4th Gen(DS) ones are under the back seat and fire up whereas the 5th Gen(DT) are behind the seat and fire forward. I know when I was younger and competed in car stereo competition the majority of bass speakers fired up not forward.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I unfortunately am waiting for my truck to be repainted for $2K in paint defects (dealer not manufacturer owned). In the meantime I've been driving an loaner 18 Laramie 2wd eco diesel. I can't help but notice the bass in it is substantially louder then my 19....or am I crazy?

I'm seriously going to have to make a b-line to the back seat to see if there is a sub back there.

I haven't seen your issue about paint yet. What happened?

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I think the difference is that the 4th Gen(DS) ones are under the back seat and fire up whereas the 5th Gen(DT) are behind the seat and fire forward. I know when I was younger and competed in car stereo competition the majority of bass speakers fired up not forward.
That seems sensible. I definitely can tell the difference in bass. I figured it would have been the same hardware and sounded similar.

Users who are viewing this thread