5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18”s vs 20”s

dkehler

Reaction score
I want to keep the stock tire size. I want something that is very comfortable and quiet on the road. I will be towing a jeep out of state a handful of times a year.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what the question is....Are you asking whether 18's or 20's are better for the job or...? I have 20's, my biz partner has 18's. His has slightly cushier ride...otherwise I see little difference, other than 18's are typically less expensive to replace, but not by much.

dkehler

Reaction score
That pretty much answers it. Want to know if there much of a difference in comfort and towing between the 2 sizes

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 20's on my Laramie 4x4 Crew...and could not be happier with the ride. Towing-wise, a few times a year with I'm guessing a 5Klb load will be no issue.

myles

Reaction score
I want to keep the stock tire size. I want something that is very comfortable and quiet on the road. I will be towing a jeep out of state a handful of times a year.
18s and 20s have basically the same ride quality, I have never been able to tell the difference.
The noticeable difference will be if you move up to a load range E tire.

Bigtone

Reaction score
I had a 2010 and 2014 with 20 inch wheels. Rode well, but next I went with a 2019 with 18's. Ride was a bit softer. Now I have a 2021 Limited, back with the 20's but with the air ride it's the most comfortable of all, as you would expect.

egnarp

Reaction score
If you're looking for a comfortable and quiet ride, go with Michelin Defenders. I've had them on my last 2 trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online