5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18” wheel tire size

Miket973

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum and new to the 1500 game! I have a 2020 lamarie that came with the factory 22”. In the last 6 weeks I’ve blow 3 tires all with sideways damage. I’m waiting to swipe out the 22s and put a real tire one here with some meat. I’m looking into 18” methods, I wanna run the tallest tire I can’t without any rubbing issues, looking at 18x9 wheel 4.5 back spacing I think. Lemme know what you guys think!

On stock suspension a 33" tire will fit no problem and with some offset probably up to 12.5" wide. The main issue is finding an aftermarket 18" rim that clears the brake caliper. I'm on an OEM 18" rim and run a 275/70 r18 (33 x 11) with zero rubbing. The sidewall inspires confidence in winter with frost heave and potholes everywhere, I fear nothing but gas stations lol

On stock suspension a 33" tire will fit no problem and with some offset probably up to 12.5" wide. The main issue is finding an aftermarket 18" rim that clears the brake caliper. I'm on an OEM 18" rim and run a 275/70 r18 (33 x 11) with zero rubbing. The sidewall inspires confidence in winter with frost heave and potholes everywhere, I fear nothing but gas stations lol
Do you have before and after pics from when you switched? Trying hard to figure out something I can do to change the look without a level or a lift .

I had the dealer perform the switch on delivery so I don't have any before pics, the larger tires were put on a few months ago, also did a reverse level. The rear is lowered by about 1.5" with drop springs

s.jpg

295/70/18 here on stock Big Horn rims, stock suspension and just a slight rub at full lock

Do you think I can squeeze a 275/75/18
That is an oddball, probably won't find any tires in that size. There is a 285/70 r18, you might have rub at full lock but choices are slim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back