5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15k mile fuel injection maintenance

CamsRam

Reaction score
You should be able to find a list of all recommended services in your owner's manual. It sounds like pure profit for the dealership.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. Just use Top Tier gas (Costco, for example, is Top Tier). You can do the induction service yourself, 3M makes a 3 part kit that costs about $40. It takes less than an hour to do it yourself. Actually you need two people (one to spray inside the throttle body, one to keep revving the engine). You spray the stuff in the engine, let it sit overnight or for at least a few hours, then start the truck and rev it for 5-10 min to burn off all the carbon. I would do the kit every 50k miles or so. Then I would just get some carb/throttle body cleaner and clean the plate on the throttle body every 25k miles. This type of thing is much more important in a direct injected engine than the port injected Hemi.

https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol that’s barely 2 oil changes into the life of the truck ans they want to clean injectors? Seems like a cash grab and opportunity for them to screw something up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Back in my youth (way "back in the day") I would have believed it. That's also when I replaced spark plugs/wires/distributor cap every 10K miles, changed the oil every 3K miles, and checked/adjusted my timing monthly.

In this day and age of technology I would be skeptical to do anything to upset the balance of mechanical, electrical, and electronic harmony if the truck is running well.

With 100K mile spark plugs, Top Tier gas, and quality full synthetic oil, I don't plan to put anything through the fluid systems to clean them like the old days.

Just my .02

U

User_3336

Just like the Nissan dealer. My sister drives her car into service for her first oil change on her Nissan Altima. 5,020 miles.

She needs a front end alignment because this "computer" detected she had uneven tread wear on her tires as she drove in. In 5,000 miles NOT! $300

She also needs a new battery cable because of a little corrosion. $200

and the UPSELL to full synthetic oil change $60.

UPSELL UPSELL UPSELL. It never ends, not matter what brand vehicle you have.

$300 from dealer is this necessary

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$300 from dealer is this necessary
Unless you think you're having any kind of engine performance issues, this service should not be necessary at that mileage. At 50,000 miles, maybe, depending on the type of fuel quality you've subjected the vehicle to.

As others have indicated, check the maintenance schedule in your owners manual. The items and intervals listed there should be regarded as 'required.'

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 053558 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread