5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 vs. 2500 (any maker) road manners

well I'm glad that's over.I tow a 26' travel trailer that weighs about 6000 and could carry 2000 lb of cargo. My 2020 1500 5.7 doesn't feel like it is comfortable pu this trailer. I've upgraded my tires and I don't think the soft suspension is up to the task. I'll be upgrading to a big boy truck in the future.
Good call. Sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, and it's easy to buy into "it's within the numbers." We see people all over the country who are overloading their trucks.

I loved my Ram and the Sierra I had before it, but there's no comparison to towing with a heavy duty truck. I spent time upgrading the Ram to make it better suited to towing our travel trailer and hauling everything we packed in it, but at the end of the day, it's still a half-ton and it just wasn't enough truck for our setup.

well I'm glad that's over.I tow a 26' travel trailer that weighs about 6000 and could carry 2000 lb of cargo. My 2020 1500 5.7 doesn't feel like it is comfortable pu this trailer. I've upgraded my tires and I don't think the soft suspension is up to the task. I'll be upgrading to a big boy truck in the future.

This.

I had a 23 1500 and I held onto a 36 ft enclosed trailer. Empty weight is 5500. Generally pulling it empty wasn't to bad. Throw in some high winds through Arizona or any weight inside and the 1500 really was working to keep me moving. Didn't feel comfortable at all.

Went back to a 3500 and as expect it's a night and day difference. 3500 with trailer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back