5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 truck bed liner

Spritle

Reaction score
I second the BedRug. Only liner I've bought/put in three different trucks.
1686594490977.jpeg

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance it will still fit like that after the LineX spray on?
Yes - I've had a bedrug over a spray in liner and it still fits like a glove. You just want to indicate when ordering that you're installing over a spray-in so they include the adhesive promoter to get a good bond between the velcro backing and the spray liner. You can save $$ by just installing the bedrug mat with tailgate piece vs the full liner as well if you don't need the padding on the sidewalls.

mtt582

Reaction score
Yes - I've had a bedrug over a spray in liner and it still fits like a glove. You just want to indicate when ordering that you're installing over a spray-in so they include the adhesive promoter to get a good bond between the velcro backing and the spray liner. You can save $$ by just installing the bedrug mat with tailgate piece vs the full liner as well if you don't need the padding on the sidewalls.
Nice! How hard is the rug to clean. Do you shampoo it? Lol

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! How hard is the rug to clean. Do you shampoo it? Lol
I use a broom or shop vac mostly but if it gets really dirty a hose with a nozzle or a brush and soap will make it shiny again. Mine is mostly under a topper and protected but I've also hailed lots of leaves, mulch, sand and gravel with no issues.

Last edited:

frisby5

Reaction score
I put in a dualiner , i like it so far and i can take it out when i want to.

Spritle

Reaction score
I use a broom or shop vac mostly but if it gets really dirty a house with a nozzle or a brush and soap will make it shiny again. Mine is mostly under a topper and protected but I've also hailed lots of leaves, mulch, sand and gravel with no issues.
This. Also, if you're ever in a spot where it gets really bad, you can power wash it out. It's really durable.

Loudram

Reaction score
There are pros and cons to each type. For example if you drop something heavy in your bed (with a spray in liner) like rigid conduit or pipe it may dent the bed where as a drop in liner would protect the bed. It would have to be something heavy. These aren't Ford's, a dropped screwdriver won't dent the bed. But there is the possibility of rust under the drop in liner and things do slide around.

I have a drop in and it works fine for me. If I were to get a spray in I would definitely put a rubber bed mat over it on the bottom for dent protection.

Last edited:

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
I have the factory spray-in and to avoid dents and dings from dropping anything I purchased a Black Armor bed mat. The mat is 1/2" thick, recycled rubber and precision cut to the truck and also weighs about 90lbs so you don't have to worry about it blowing out.

mtt582

Reaction score
I actually just had it sprayed this afternoon. I may put something over this, maybe I’ll throw a rubber mat down if I know I’m going to be carrying something heavier than my usual stuff. I like the way it turned out though

Attachments

• 92C9C4B0-95B4-492C-917B-4BFD5AC9BFB5.jpeg
    92C9C4B0-95B4-492C-917B-4BFD5AC9BFB5.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 28

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got a quote from lineX. It’s gunna be 660 for the premium. I park outside so I’ll probably need that uv protection. Anyone had any good or bad experiences with their lifetime warranty?

I just got a quote for LineX for the standard and it was 600. I think in my area, all the different spray in liners are roughly this price for standard.

mtt582

Reaction score
I just got a quote for LineX for the standard and it was 600. I think in my area, all the different spray in liners are roughly this price for standard.
I got the premium spray, after tax it was 690 and some change.

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
I actually just had it sprayed this afternoon. I may put something over this, maybe I’ll throw a rubber mat down if I know I’m going to be carrying something heavier than my usual stuff. I like the way it turned out though
Looks great, I would recommend a mat.

Users who are viewing this thread