5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 limited brush guard/grille guard

ibill4fun

Reaction score
Has anyone found someone who carries a brush guard or line of them that fit the 2020 1500 limited? Mopar does not make any and I have not had any luck finding them.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
I got this one from SteelCraft, but it replaces the front bumper, and the parking sensors and wiring harness need to be transfered to it.
It's a one-piece design and all welded construction of about 350 pounds, and I used an engine hoist to hold it up while bolting it in place.
Removable screen section so the front camera can see through.
Steelcraft.jpg

That pic was taken real close up, so here's a better picture that shows how snug to the body it is.
Steelcraft 60-12270.jpg

Steve

saylor

Reaction score
20210124_104805.jpg
i dunno the difference between lone star and limited but heres a westin hdx

ShadowWolf206

Reaction score
Has anyone come across one that would fit a Rebel?
Or as to what differences there are between Rebels vs other trims, that may not allow mounting without heavy modification?

I'd prefer something along the lines like the full SteelCraft bumper above.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got this one from SteelCraft, but it replaces the front bumper, and the parking sensors and wiring harness need to be transfered to it.
It's a one-piece design and all welded construction of about 350 pounds, and I used an engine hoist to hold it up while bolting it in place.
View attachment 83745

That pic was taken real close up, so here's a better picture that shows how snug to the body it is.
View attachment 83746

Steve
Cost?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like this one - https://www.bumperonly.com/products/steelcraft-hd12270rc-dodge-ram-1500

That's been my challenge. We have a lot of varmint up here where I live and I don't want to have to do an insurance claim every freaking year when I hit something. Biggest cost now is sensors, cameras, tech that's baked into the bumper so something like this could save some money long-term in deductibles / insurance claims.

But biggest challenge is a bumper that can support all of the traffic / parking sensors.

outdoor7or24

Reaction score
How did the ride change with the addition of the front steelcraft bumper?

View attachment 83745

View attachment 83746

Steve

Did some calling around locally. To get both ordered, shipped and installed will run about $2900 with tax etc and a military discount. Install time around 6-8hrs.

abaykal

Reaction score
View attachment 83745

View attachment 83746

Steve
Does it interfere with Adaptive Cruise Control, Parking Sensors and Front Camera? OR, after transferring everything and opening the grill all is working as expected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/