5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 limited air ride compressor upgrade

Tatanka_ram

Reaction score
currently in the process of installing a air horn kit + some additional air points for refilling air in the tires when i deflate them for sand driving.

is there any upgrades known to the factory compressor or would it be best to run a secondary compressor for the horn/air ?

any help would be appreciated

J-J

Reaction score
the limited air ride is nitrogen filled and is a closed system from what ive heard. I would check to see if thats the case to see if its even possible.
The complexity of a regenerated n2 close loop system would be awesome but highly unlikely. I work in the gas industry where we have a n2 plant.. I'd love to have that under my truck for sure.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Tatanka_ram

Reaction score
that's new, as i have upgraded my rear airbags to a firestone double skin bag for my lift. i will do some digging

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The closed loop nitrogen system keeps moisture out of your OEM air ride system.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Thats what I've been told it was. I have no clue if that is true.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Limited with air ride, and because of an installers screwup, had to have lines and compressor replaced. It is indeed a closed loop nitrogen filled system, and is not able to be tied into. You can look in the forum for guys that have added compressors for aftermarket equipment, and tire fill. There are a few postings with pics and ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread