5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 Dash Lights

dimitrilouk

Reaction score
Does anyone know what causes these lights to come on? I went to move the truck in the driveway and when I started it these two lights were on. It wouldn't allow me to turn off the parking brake to move the truck. I had to turn it off and back on and when I did that the lights cleared and I could move the truck. No warning lights since.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1450858344.jpg
    Snapchat-1450858344.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 56

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
I don't have my Owner Manual in front of me to verify, but I'm pretty sure the left one is alerting you to an issue with the Start/Stop system, and the one on the right is telling you your parking brake is set. Don't take my word for it - check your manual to be sure.

Steve

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Left light shows that the start! Stop system is not working properly and requires service and the right light show the electronic park brake is not operating properly and requires service.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Keezer

Reaction score
When you went to move the truck was the door open and the seat belt not buckled?
These trucks need you strapped in with the cabin secured to move an inch it seems.

dimitrilouk

Reaction score
When you went to move the truck was the door open and the seat belt not buckled?
These trucks need you strapped in with the cabin secured to move an inch it seems.
Yup everything closed and buckled. I have had the truck over a year now and that combination of lights was a first for me.

Users who are viewing this thread