5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 5th Gen Aux Switch Kit

afrojim

Reaction score
I have not, a Google search brings up multiple sites that sell the 82216449aa switch panel but I havent found any images yet. Hopefully the MY21 adding capability for the switches and related wiring.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere (on here maybe?) about someone trying to add this but it was more work than it was worth, none of the extra wiring existed to connect to the switches. Hopefully I'm wrong but just what I recall.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have the Trailer steering, it will not work.

Malodave

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have the Tailer steering, it will not work.

Malodave
Depends how exactly they’re putting this kit together. Trailer steer can be had with a 4 aux switch option. If this kit is for all 2021 DTs, then that means that the switch bank they put in the kit can’t be the same for every truck anyway, because they need to know if you have front/rear park sense, and/or air suspension, or trailer steer in order to get the correct aux switch bank supplied with any particular kit. Everything else as far as wiring is pretty simple- fuse/relay box, two fused power wires from the battery, six blunt cut outputs, and the six inputs from the switch bank that terminate in the XY322 connector at the passenger footwell. LHL Sales code can be added by dealer, or configured with AlfaOBD.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bringing some new life to this thread to see if anyone has any additional experience or comments. I found some instructions, although they do seem to be missing the PDM that is listed as coming with the kit. Curious if @Jimmy07 has any thoughts on the sales code that is listed and how easily it could be added using AlfaODB.

Here is a link for ordering the part
Here is a link for the install instructions. I also downloaded the file for others in case it disappears like sometimes happens.
The photo I pulled from this accessory catalog that looks to be updated from an earlier one I had which did not include the kit.
Link directly to page
Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 7.11.57 AM.png

Attachments

• f33be9ae13158463d11dbc24fe2ebe4b.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 48

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bringing some new life to this thread to see if anyone has any additional experience or comments. I found some instructions, although they do seem to be missing the PDM that is listed as coming with the kit. Curious if @Jimmy07 has any thoughts on the sales code that is listed and how easily it could be added using AlfaODB.

Here is a link for ordering the part
Here is a link for the install instructions. I also downloaded the file for others in case it disappears like sometimes happens.
The photo I pulled from this accessory catalog that looks to be updated from an earlier one I had which did not include the kit.
Link directly to page
View attachment 128632
Having the dealer add the sales code is doing the exact same thing that the AlfaOBD settings changes are doing to the BCM, so take your pick. As long as it’s a 2021+ DT ram, there are multiple different options of going about adding the relay/fuse box and wiring. The mopar kit is one option, 4wheelelectrics kit is another, or you can build it yourself from scratch.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @Jimmy07 That helps. I have seen the other kit. I am/was hoping this would be an even easier plug and play kit as it included all the required wiring and might play nicer with everything? I cant find 4wheelelectics site right now, but I do recall they had something that would work as well, including a PDM

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It might be a moot question, as the kit does not appear to be available. It wasn't available when I ordered my truck either (I tried), and it's unclear if it has ever been or will ever be. Might be vaporware...

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It might be a moot question, as the kit does not appear to be available. It wasn't available when I ordered my truck either (I tried), and it's unclear if it has ever been or will ever be. Might be vaporware...
I see that now. I even doubled checked with a supplier and they have no idea when and if it will be in stock. Just like you said.

badbassist

Reaction score

IS THERE A REASON WHY Ram1500 Auxiliary Switch Kit 82216449AB WILL NOT WORK ON 2019 & 2020 DT MODELS?​

Csjumper2003

Reaction score

IS THERE A REASON WHY Ram1500 Auxiliary Switch Kit 82216449AB WILL NOT WORK ON 2019 & 2020 DT MODELS?​

The consensus is the bcm is different. And the changes made to make them work don’t work after making the changes. Something to do with the actual bcm and the way it’s programmed

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm watching for more information on this. It's unclear to me how it works on all versions. Some trucks have air suspension buttons in this space. Mine just has tow/haul and something else that escapes me at the moment. Does this give some trucks buttons that do nothing, or can they be re-assigned? Is there a provision to insert labels or something? Not looking to cast doubt, but I'm full of questions. Return policy says they don't take back electrical parts (which is almost the entire vehicle these days but I digress), otherwise I'd be tempted to order one and report back. Oh, and they say 2 hours to install, I call BS on that.

theRamguy

Reaction score
What connector is the oem aux panel putting the 6 trigger wires Into? @Jimmy07 your comment has it going into the passenger xy322 connector in pin 3, 10, 11, 14, 16, and 23 vs the oem instructions going to what seems is part of the trailer control harness in pin 2,3, 10, 11, 12, 13

Users who are viewing this thread