5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$12k off MSRP for factory orders?

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Hey all, dropped my truck off at a local dealer today and noticed a sign they had on the front door that read “$12k off MSRP for factory orders” (should’ve taken a picture) - has anyone else seen/experienced this? Is this a network wide thing or at the dealer’s discretion?

What’s the catch?

bronco44

Reaction score
Varies by dealer usually. I just got 14.25% off MSRP (equates to ~$12k under). Most dealers will give you invoice pricing on factory orders (~7k under MSRP) in general. So getting an extra $5k off is quite a good deal depending on the stipulations. That price could be only for Big Horns/Laramies or possibly for 22s instead of 23s.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
dealer's discretion.
however there are a few dealers that do this and for $12k off MSRP there's always a limitation. Usually they are:
-TRX orders
-Must optioned over a certain amount (ie: over $90K to get 10K off for Mark Dodge last year)

For my Rebel it was more of a percentage discount.
Mine was MSRP'd at about slightly above $67k, and 10% off invoice (which is around 14% off msrp)
Then I added in incentives that were locked in at the time of order plus various kinds of discounts here and there (FCA Affiliated Rewards and Tread Lightly). My total before tax and fees was about $53K or so.
My OTD was $59K, after SD state tax and registration fees plus a $3k extended warranty plus 1.99% APR with $30k down.
So total came out to be around 21% discount comparing my price before tax and everything to MSRP, or about a $14K discount

wangstarr03

Reaction score
dealer's discretion.
however there are a few dealers that do this and for $12k off MSRP there's always a limitation. Usually they are:
-TRX orders
-Must optioned over a certain amount (ie: over $90K to get 10K off for Mark Dodge last year)

For my Rebel it was more of a percentage discount.
Mine was MSRP'd at about slightly above $67k, and 10% off invoice (which is around 14% off msrp)
Then I added in incentives that were locked in at the time of order plus various kinds of discounts here and there (FCA Affiliated Rewards and Tread Lightly). My total before tax and fees was about $53K or so.
My OTD was $59K, after SD state tax and registration fees plus a $3k extended warranty plus 1.99% APR with $30k down.
So total came out to be around 21% discount comparing my price before tax and everything to MSRP, or about a $14K discount

Interesting - I wouldn’t mind trading my ‘19 Limited for a ‘23 Longhorn, just used the configurator and my MSRP came to around $80k…

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting - I wouldn’t mind trading my ‘19 Limited for a ‘23 Longhorn, just used the configurator and my MSRP came to around $80k…
hit up Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA. There's a dedicated thread of the dealer on the forum and the contact info is somewhere in that thread.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, Mark Dodge is doing $12k off for top-end TRX orders. Well, they were doing it (TRX orders have closed for the model year).

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
With employee discount, a Limited doesn't get that much off. It's a come on. Metro Detroit dealers always put out ads saying a Big Horn, for 329 a month. To get that price you have to be an employee, recent college graduate, first responder, veteran, active military, and I forget what else, apply all rebates, and put $5,000 down, plus taxes and fees. Nobody on earth qualifies for all the discounts.

immersivenc

Reaction score
$11,000 off MSRP on a Limited order here plus any applicable rebates on delivery. Ordered yesterday.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey all, dropped my truck off at a local dealer today and noticed a sign they had on the front door that read “$12k off MSRP for factory orders” (should’ve taken a picture) - has anyone else seen/experienced this? Is this a network wide thing or at the dealer’s discretion?

What’s the catch?
would believe it when it happens

Reaction score

What’s the catch?
not sure about your local dealer but we are currently offering the following discount on Ram 1500 orders:
Bighorn's & Rebels - 11.5% off MSRP
Laramie, Longhorn & Limited - 13% off MSRP

That is all dealer discount and before any applicable rebates :)
[email protected] or [email protected]

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
$12K off orders sounds very realistic. I realize a lot is different now, but that’s what I got off my 2021 Longhorn I ordered from MD.

So, while I understand the skepticism of some, I wouldn’t dismiss this offer right away. If they jerk you around and say it’s only for former roommates of disabled veterans, then walk out and contact MD. But if your local dealer says they can do $12K off, there’s a good chance they are being straight with you.

mtjag

Reaction score
I don't see anything about these discounts on the Ramtrucks website. Are these 12% off or $12k off and is this existing inventory or 2022 and 2023?

6of36

Reaction score
I don't see anything about these discounts on the Ramtrucks website. Are these 12% off or $12k off and is this existing inventory or 2022 and 2023?
You won't see it on Ram website. That is the discount they give on new 23s. I believe they do have a higher doc fee than some, but still probably the best deal you will find. They ship free for 250 miles I think, and will ship to your door for a fee, if farther.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
This was at a specific dealer local to me, so not necessarily an FCA/Stellantis thing.

I’ve attached a pic of the flier from my local dealer for reference.

Attachments

• E0166189-60CE-45CA-8B58-2FB76C131762.jpeg
    E0166189-60CE-45CA-8B58-2FB76C131762.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 38

bronco44

Reaction score
This was at a specific dealer local to me, so not necessarily an FCA/Stellantis thing.

I’ve attached a pic of the flier from my local dealer for reference.
The fine print is hard to see but if I'm reading it correctly, that is not a good deal. Looks like it says freight is extra but should already be part of MSRP, has a doc fee of $897 (I think), and the $1k bonus cash is only applied if you finance through them.

6of36

Reaction score
The fine print is hard to see but if I'm reading it correctly, that is not a good deal. Looks like it says freight is extra but should already be part of MSRP, has a doc fee of $897 (I think), and the $1k bonus cash is only applied if you finance through them.
And it's UP TO $12,000. Like all dealer ads, that's for one particular model, with certain options, and you are a recent college graduate, veteran, first responder, first time buyer, returning lessee, employee, member of a certain organization, and finance through them.

MTaylor

Reaction score
not sure about your local dealer but we are currently offering the following discount on Ram 1500 orders:
Bighorn's & Rebels - 11.5% off MSRP
Laramie, Longhorn & Limited - 13% off MSRP

That is all dealer discount and before any applicable rebates :)
[email protected] or [email protected]
Still offering thus on Rebel? Do I just send the build sheet? Any more off with affiliate discount (wife's employer)? And where are you located...how does this work if I'm in Houston tx?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It also said it was for a $100K 3500. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread