5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Uconnect with 40/20/40 bench

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have a truck with the 12" Uconnect and the front bench seat? I am ordering a 2023 Laramie in this configuration but could not find any trucks optioned this way on the lot of any dealers to see. Specifically looking for a picture of the screen and controls to see if there is a phone holder 9spot for wireless charger). I have been told the bench seat deletes the wireless charger but the detail from dealer shows the wireless charger as included...

Thanks!

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the 12.0 screen with the 40/20/40 front seat. The wireless charger is deleted and the usb hub is to the bottom left of the center console. There is a slide out storage tray underneath the dash, and another tray just in front of the center seat. Plus the flip up center seat cushion with more storage space.
Hope this helps. 👍

Attachments

• 20230412_095846.jpg
    20230412_095846.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230412_095855.jpg
    20230412_095855.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230412_100513.jpg
    20230412_100513.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 31

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the 12.0 screen with the 40/20/40 front seat. The wireless charger is deleted and the usb hub is to the bottom left of the center console. There is a slide out storage tray underneath the dash, and another tray just in front of the center seat. Plus the flip up center seat cushion with more storage space.
Hope this helps. 👍
Perfect- that is helpful and I appreciate the photos. Kinda sucks they could figure out how to keep the charger but not a big deal I guess.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Perfect- that is helpful and I appreciate the photos. Kinda sucks they could figure out how to keep the charger but not a big deal I guess.
Considering the wireless charger is part of the center console piece, not that easy. I guess they could have designed something similar that attaches where the blank panel is next to USB hub, but then it would stick out further limiting leg room should anyone sit in middle seat

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Considering the wireless charger is part of the center console piece, not that easy. I guess they could have designed something similar that attaches where the blank panel is next to USB hub, but then it would stick out further limiting leg room should anyone sit in middle seat
I though the phone holder charge pad could fit under the screen pretty easy but I haven't really looked at it and in the end they have no incentive to spend any time/money on it because I am pretty sure you can count the number of 12" UConnect 40/20/40 trucks in all of North America on 1 hand...

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problem. Glad I could be of service! 👊
What is the small dial on the left under the screen - my current truck has the trailer brake controls there and I assume the new one with the 12" will as well. Love that mountain brown interior by the way.
20230412_164220.jpg
I am thinking when I get the new truck I might try to install a wireless charger in that middle tray on the floor at the front of the seat.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the small dial on the left under the screen - my current truck has the trailer brake controls there and I assume the new one with the 12" will as well. Love that mountain brown interior by the way.
View attachment 156541
I am thinking when I get the new truck I might try to install a wireless charger in that middle tray on the floor at the front of the seat.
Thank you. I fell in love with the interior the instant I first opened the door. And I passed on a Rebel in Granite for this Bighorn. But the 12 inch screen, interior color, front bench seat and the 6’4” bed had me all in. Honestly, it was the only crew cab 4x4 with a 6’4” on the island when I bought it 2 years ago next week Tuesday.

Oh, and that little knob is the bass control for my PAC audio interface.

The tray in the middle is attached to the bottom of the seat and has three divided sections to it. My pop top trash cans sit in the side portions of the tray. You should be able to get a good spot for a wireless charger for sure. Good luck! 👍

Attachments

• 20230412_095846.jpg
    20230412_095846.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 15

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. I fell in love with the interior the instant I first opened the door. And I passed on a Rebel in Granite for this Bighorn. But the 12 inch screen, interior color, front bench seat and the 6’4” bed had me all in. Honestly, it was the only crew cab 4x4 with a 6’4” on the island when I bought it 2 years ago next week Tuesday.

Oh, and that little knob is the bass control for my PAC audio interface.

The tray in the middle is attached to the bottom of the seat and has three divided sections to it. My pop top trash cans sit in the side portions of the tray. You should be able to get a good spot for a wireless charger for sure. Good luck! 👍
I hear ya - this will be my 3rd CC 6'4" bed truck and they are rare and even more so with bench seats. The 2019 and 2021 I have were both custom orders someone backed out on so I bought them off the lot after they had sat for awhile and the dealer wanted to deal. The 2023 I just ordered as there is not a single truck with my preferred specs in the whole country. Looking at the 2023 tracker for member trucks I don't see many CC long box at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread