5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" uconnect stays lit all night. Repeatedly.!!! =dead battery

CSS

Reaction score
Uconnect 12" screen stays lit up white all night. Dead battery by morning. 6 times now, in five months!! Just brutal. Dealer here has no explanation. They actually bought me a 1000 amp hand held Jump Starter! Totally unacceptable. 15775854393401098699423942027121.jpg

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you use the Uconnect app at all? Just tossing ideas out there, but I've seen when I lock the truck with the app, the dash "wakes up".

CSS

Reaction score
Do you use the Uconnect app at all? Just tossing ideas out there, but I've seen when I lock the truck with the app, the dash "wakes up".
Thanks for the reply! No, dont have the app.

CSS

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! No, dont have the app.
Wow, I wonder....if my bluetooth on phone is left on....is there a coincidence there? Cant remember though. But thanks again

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thats a weird one! Well if you dont like the truck guess you could lemon it.
Sad that you've had the dead battery hassle. Please let us know what they find.
I think Id be leaving it with them and politely asking for a 20 loaner... “Call me when fixed”

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Uconnect 12" screen stays lit up white all night. Dead battery by morning. 6 times now, in five months!! Just brutal. Dealer here has no explanation. They actually bought me a 1000 amp hand held Jump Starter! Totally unacceptable.
Time to contact an attorney and LEMON it!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I suggest taking it to a different dealer and getting a second opinion.

PJG54

Reaction score
Uconnect 12" screen stays lit up white all night. Dead battery by morning. 6 times now, in five months!! Just brutal. Dealer here has no explanation. They actually bought me a 1000 amp hand held Jump Starter! Totally unacceptable. View attachment 42771
What model Ram do you have? Does it have power running boards?

CSS

Reaction score
I think Id be leaving it with them and politely asking for a 20 loaner... “Call me when fixed”
[/QUOTE
Hi! Great news sort of! Have a Samsung S9 cell phone. As long as bluetooth is turned off on phone prior to shutting truck off, screen goes out without any delay!! Have not had one dead battery since I tried this. Dealer still has never heard of anyone else having this issue.!

Txmade

Reaction score
I had that same issue once, dealer was baffled. They had to disconnect battery to get it to shut off. Still don’t know what caused it .

2019 PB

Reaction score
Same issue here. Lots of other threads relating to this and no conclusive solution yet that I’m aware of. Mine only seems to do it when running boards are deployed.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hi! Great news sort of! Have a Samsung S9 cell phone. As long as bluetooth is turned off on phone prior to shutting truck off, screen goes out without any delay!! Have not had one dead battery since I tried this. Dealer still has never heard of anyone else having this issue.!
Good you’ve found a workaround, but it is still not normal at all. Radio should shut down no matter what’s connected to it.
I would def try a different dealer with a good electrical service tech.

PJG54

Reaction score
Same issue here. Lots of other threads relating to this and no conclusive solution yet that I’m aware of. Mine only seems to do it when running boards are deployed.

Same with mine. I'm suspicious that it happens when I shut off the engine when the running board (usually passenger side) is in the process of deploying .

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have everything shutting off that I can under the engine power off delay options in uconnect. People experiencing this problem of battery draw down may need to look into playing with those options to see if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread