5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 uconnect & remote start

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On my 2017 Ram, I would turn the fan speed switch to max, prior to shutting the truck off. Then when I did the remote start, the fan would be blowing. This worked for both heat and A/C.
No need to change any settings. With remote start the HVAC automatically goes to high speed fan, and if it's cold out will turn on heat/defrost, and A/C if it's hot out.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I leave it on manual
It shouldn't matter if it's in auto or manual, but I rarely change mine from auto setting. It just works. Pick a temp that's comfortable to you, and you almost never have to touch it again. I keep mine at 71-72. Only time I've ever had to change it was driving through freezing rain with outside temp in single digits, and I had to switch to max defrost to keep window clean. Or when I was "playing" in fresh snow in an empty parking lot and kept throwing snow onto windows.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No need to change any settings. With remote start the HVAC automatically goes to high speed fan, and if it's cold out will turn on heat/defrost, and A/C if it's hot out.
if the comfort setting is off then it won't work and it only work under certain temp, i think below 40, defrost and heating will turn on and above 80, AC will turn on.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
if the comfort setting is off then it won't work and it only work under certain temp, i think below 40, defrost and heating will turn on and above 80, AC will turn on.
Look at the post I quoted, then try again. I meant he didn't need to change fan settings, or switch HVAC to defrost or A/C before turning off truck.

Users who are viewing this thread