5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 uconnect & remote start

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Not sure this is in the correct forum. Is the HVAC supposed to come on while using remote start? It's a 21 BTS with the 12" uconnect system. I noticed today when leaving for for I hit the remote start to warm the truck up and take the chill out of the cab but when I got in the truck nothing was blowing from the vents. As soon as I hit the start button the fan started working. I leave the HVAC on defrost everytime I shut the truck off so it will defrost the windows with the remote start warm up bit it doesnt appear to be working as planned. In my 11 Bighorn it would work fine. Am I doing something wrong with the 21 or is it a problem with the system?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It depends on the temperature that it senses outside. It will either set it to heat or cool. Maybe it wasn't cold enough. I think it is in the manual.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
I know my 20 does it with the climate set to auto. It’s crazy hot here so it cranks the ac in the summer. Last winter it would fire up the heater and also turn on the window defrost automatically. Try running it in auto and see.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I know my 20 does it with the climate set to auto. It’s crazy hot here so it cranks the ac in the summer. Last winter it would fire up the heater and also turn on the window defrost automatically. Try running it in auto and see.
I'll try that. I never had a vehicle that had auto climate controls so in my 11 Bighorn I alway leave the defrost on when I turn the truck off which I've been doing with my 21 but when I start the 21 up in the morning the climate controls are turned off until I turn them on. Maybe it's a setting or I just need to keep it on auto maybe? There's some much electronics crap on this truck I'm just not used to it all

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It depends on the temperature that it senses outside. It will either set it to heat or cool. Maybe it wasn't cold enough. I think it is in the manual.
The manual is about an thick. I've been looking around for it lol

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the vehicle has to be on Auto and the AC and vented seats can be set to come on at 80° and the heat and heated seats at 39°
Yeah I'm gonna try it on auto and see what happens

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Have you gone through the Uconnect screen to make sure you have comfort setting checked under remote start ?

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You do not have to be on AUTO climate settings. You DO have to have the setting checked in UConnect...I think it's called 'Comfort Settings, or something like that. Mine will turn on the AC and ventilated front seats when it's warm, and the seat heaters, heated steering wheel, and regular heater when it's cold. I never bothered to check the specific trigger temperatures, but it works very well for me.

vincentw56

Reaction score
From the manual:

Below 40°F (4.4°C) and above 80°F (26.7°C)

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
You do not have to be on AUTO climate settings. You DO have to have the setting checked in UConnect...I think it's called 'Comfort Settings, or something like that. Mine will turn on the AC and ventilated front seats when it's warm, and the seat heaters, heated steering wheel, and regular heater when it's cold. I never bothered to check the specific trigger temperatures, but it works very well for me.
I'm not too concerned about the seat and steering wheel. The main reason I remote start is to defrost the windows

lewdogg21

Reaction score
Great question as I had wondered this the other day. I've had my truck two weeks and it finally got cold enough in the last few days to where I'm paying attention as my GMC would auto sense and crank heat or AC.

BB22

Reaction score
On my 2017 Ram, I would turn the fan speed switch to max, prior to shutting the truck off. Then when I did the remote start, the fan would be blowing. This worked for both heat and A/C.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
On my 2017 Ram, I would turn the fan speed switch to max, prior to shutting the truck off. Then when I did the remote start, the fan would be blowing. This worked for both heat and A/C.
Yeah on my 11 Ram I did that all the time. My 21 Ram is not the same apparently

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone but on mine if I remote start in the winter it goes to high window defrost , turns on the heated seat and steering wheel and turns on the rear window defroster . As soon as I open the door it will go back to whatever setting I had it on last .

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone but on mine if I remote start in the winter it goes to high window defrost , turns on the heated seat and steering wheel and turns on the rear window defroster . As soon as I open the door it will go back to whatever setting I had it on last .
Same...^^^

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
There is a remote start comfort setting in the settings. That turn all that on below a certain temp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread