5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" UConnect Locked in "Controls" Screen

Tred

Reaction score
This Saturday I had the UConnect screen lock up in the "Controls" subscreen.
Buttons on the control subscreen would not function.
Media would play, but couldn't switch sources.
No backup camera. Frustrating as hell because I was pulling brush and the camera is damned handy to see if you are close enough to hook up the chain to the receiver.

Several times I tried shutting off the truck and opening and closing driver's door so that the screen would shut off before restarting. Nope.

Tried waiting 30+ minutes and then restarting. Uh-uh. Nothing worked.

Finished the chores that I was doing, so I decided to giveup and call it a day, so I closed the sunroof.

Right after I walked in the house, I realized I forgot that I was going to drive up to the highway and get the mail. Got in the truck and the screen was no longer locked.
I don't know if the sunroof being open had anything to do with the screen locking up.

Interested to hear if anyone else has had this problem.

SleepyWeasel

Reaction score
I've had my screen lock with back up cam on. I did the same thing you did, in regards to shutting the truck down etc. Second time it happened, I pressed the voice command button after the beep, I told it to view the map which it did and it unlocked my system.

Users who are viewing this thread