5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Uconnect, does it display Speed

LanceB

Reaction score
On my 2015 Limited the Nav will show the road speed limit, does the New 12" do this?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It also turns the little speed limit red when you exceed it....by even 1 mph. I'm hoping it's something that can be turned off lol. It doesn't do that on my 15 uconnect on my jeep, but maybe something they started doing lately.

Twoamen

Reaction score
But what do you do about the new NAV positing inaccurate speed limit signs. My local access road surrounding my house address has 55 mph listed. But the actual speed is 35. State police defently won't take Mopar nav as excuse. Who or how do you fix. Oddly it's only on the two roads leading to or around my house. Any suggestions?

Twoamen

Reaction score
I think it does load like maps, and messages mirroring the phone to the dash screen. It's limited though. I found it wasn't as useful as it appeared to duplicate similar options on your infotainment system.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Speed limit listings are just like map data (streets, names, etc.) - there are two kinds.: static and active. Now I don't know how the new built in Nav system handles speed limits but I strongly suspect they are static just like the maps. That means there has to be a map upgrade to change the speed limits and hopefully you can imagine how long that will take. It's also probably not up to Ram as I'd bet they buy the map data from someone else.
Now, if it's active (like Waze), maybe through Sirius Travel, it can be updated much more quickly but you'd still need to find out who Ram info provider is and get them to make the change and then wait for it to get to your truck. Technically faster but still not something to wait on.
In the end, this is just how nav systems work. There will never be a perfect, 100% accurate map with speed limits because as soon as someone published one, town xyz changes a speed limit and it's wrong again. I've not looked but you know there is language in the license agreement about "always use actual speed limit signs" instead of the nav speed limit just like "always watch where you are driving" instead of blindly trusting the nav by turning right - into a lake.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I guess I was also comparing with my 2014 RAM. It was accurate. Never noticed an error on that system. Expected the new 2019 would at least be that accurate. The two roads mentioned never would of been posted that fast. They are rural back roads. Thanks again.

tizoc1

Reaction score
the 12" 4C does display the speed limit in the middle of the right-hand side. by default, the displayed sign turns red when you exceed the limit by 1 mph, but it's adjustable (in 1 mph increments) up to 20 mph over.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I guess I was also comparing with my 2014 RAM. It was accurate. Never noticed an error on that system. Expected the new 2019 would at least be that accurate. The two roads mentioned never would of been posted that fast. They are rural back roads. Thanks again.

I've got the 2014 Durango which should be the same as your Ram and I have found roads in my area that the speed limits weren't correct on. I'm pretty sure these were Navteq maps..im not sure if the 2019's are using the same provider..i thought I heard someone say there's were Here maps.

Users who are viewing this thread