5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" u connect

jljbtm

Reaction score
Hi, Im new here with a new/used 2019 ram limited/
I have a question about the navigation, do i need a subscription to get it to accept an address either typing or speaking? it will say searching for 2 sec. then says Cancelled. I have been able to save"favorites" into it only.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hi, Im new here with a new/used 2019 ram limited/
I have a question about the navigation, do i need a subscription to get it to accept an address either typing or speaking? it will say searching for 2 sec. then says Cancelled. I have been able to save"favorites" into it only.
No subscription needed. It should work on its own.
It may need a software update. Do you know how to look that up?

smiles5619

Reaction score
No, any help is appreciated!!
You can go to the Uconnect website and put in your VIN number for your truck. It will then search and let you know if your system is up to date or if it needs an update. The 12 inch Uconnect does over the air updates automatically, so typically they are up to date.

jljbtm

Reaction score
I just checked, and no updates for my truck, I've also noticed that it posts the wrong speed limit too. Maybe when it does get an update the speed limits will be corrected?

Ram Dude

Reaction score
I just checked, and no updates for my truck, I've also noticed that it posts the wrong speed limit too. Maybe when it does get an update the speed limits will be corrected?
Does it have larger aftermarket tires? If so the speedometer may not have been recalibrated.

Run a GPS speedo app while driving to determine actual GPS speed, then you’ll know which is off.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but can you replace the factory 5" LCD with the 12" infotainment system if you order an OEM replacement?
Infotainment.com sells the 12 inch display replacement with the modules you'll need. It's $3k+ I believe.

Groucho53

Reaction score
After trying to use the Navigation for over a year now, I find the Navigation especially the voice command, the worst ever..I can never get it to find a location with voice.Also the updates are not good.Route 140 around Leland NC has been open for 3 years now and the navigation does not recognize the road!..All Navigation should just bite the bullet and convert to a real time navigation like waze!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can adjust when the Speed Limit turns red in the setup. I set mine for 6 miles over.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread