5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Screen went black, now has no backup camera or options. Strange glitches...

Kaneman82

Reaction score
2019 Laramie Longhorn. A few days ago when I started the truck the screen didn't come on at all. Couldn't get it to boot up. After a few days I pulled the battery cable and it came on, but now most of the options are gone. For example, on the controls screen there are no controls for my passenger seat. Most of the options in the settings menu are completely gone, and the backup camera doesn't come on. There are no options on the screen to use the cameras either. Very strange, its like when it rebooted it assumed the truck was a base model with no options.
Any fix for this besides the reboot? I'm trying to avoid going to the dealership. Its under warranty, but from what I'm reading here RAM isn't all that helpful.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
2019 Laramie Longhorn. A few days ago when I started the truck the screen didn't come on at all. Couldn't get it to boot up. After a few days I pulled the battery cable and it came on, but now most of the options are gone. For example, on the controls screen there are no controls for my passenger seat. Most of the options in the settings menu are completely gone, and the backup camera doesn't come on. There are no options on the screen to use the cameras either. Very strange, its like when it rebooted it assumed the truck was a base model with no options.
Any fix for this besides the reboot? I'm trying to avoid going to the dealership. Its under warranty, but from what I'm reading here RAM isn't all that helpful.
Normal after a reboot, they'll, most likely, be back in the morning. Just give it time.

Kaneman82

Reaction score
Thank you for the response securityguy, I'll post an update in the morning. Is there a way, or should I try to force an update to it?

Duran

Reaction score
I just had my battery disconnected for an hour now and im going to check to see if my rear camera loaded back up .
It went away originaly cause i disconnected my battery for 5 mins the ran my truck and go to reverse and see no camera. Ill update asap

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just had my battery disconnected for an hour now and im going to check to see if my rear camera loaded back up .
It went away originaly cause i disconnected my battery for 5 mins the ran my truck and go to reverse and see no camera. Ill update asap
Based on the truck, some have said that it can take up to a day before all is fully restored. Keep us posted.

Scmil

Reaction score
Mine had that happen yesterday when I had the battery disconnected for an extended period. The camera wasn't an "option" displayed in my screen, when I got home I disconnected the negative terminal for 20 mins, went back in to check and its all back and good to go.

Duran

Reaction score
Wierd thing is mine asked for an anti theft pin. I didnt know i had one and skipped the page and it tells me my radio is locked. Mabye its a security protocal from sirius guardian . On tje phone with ram now.

Scmil

Reaction score
Wierd thing is mine asked for an anti theft pin. I didnt know i had one and skipped the page and it tells me my radio is locked. Mabye its a security protocal from sirius guardian . On tje phone with ram now.
mine showed that as well, i ignored it, turned the truck off and on and it went away (pretended i didnt see it)

Duran

Reaction score
Hahaha. Mopar and uconnect didnt know what the hell to do. They just told me to go turn the truck over to the dealer ( ya right ) . I went to retry the load and turned the truck on and everything is back to normal.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
J
Hahaha. Mopar and uconnect didnt know what the hell to do. They just told me to go turn the truck over to the dealer ( ya right ) . I went to retry the load and turned the truck on and everything is back to normal.
Just like I said...so everything is back to "normal"? Camera now working or no?

Duran

Reaction score
J

Just like I said...so everything is back to "normal"? Camera now working or no?
Ya all is well. Felt so good i detailed the truck and waxed it the whole 9 yards. Go to give her a full tank of gas, and lo and behold i pick up a fing nail !!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20210201_142358.jpg
    20210201_142358.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210201_134632.jpg
    20210201_134632.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread