5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Screen Reverse Camera Brightness

jb772

Reaction score
Hey all,

Since I purchased my 19' Limited months ago, I've noticed whenever I put the truck in reverse at night, the screen doesn't adjust to night mode and instead goes extremely bright and does not let me dim it at all - this causes an issue because it literally blinds me while trying to look into my side mirrors and I cannot see where I'm at. I usually have the little scroll knob (to the left of the steering wheel next to the floor board light control) turned down pretty dim because I don't like to much illumination when I'm driving. Has anyone had this issue at all? My friends RAM and and my other friends Cherokee both go into a "night mode" setting when they're in reverse and it makes the screen very dim so you don't mind looking at it while also looking at your mirrors when backing up.

Any suggestions?

jb772

Reaction score
Dealer. Mine is dim and pixelated at night. Not bright at all

During the day it's no big deal and acts as it should, but as soon as night time hits I swear it goes up to 100% brightness.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For some reason I thought there was a Auto or Nighttime setting that you may be able to change in Lighting settings

eithkrp1

Reaction score
The issue is you can dim the dash lights including the 12" screen at night, but when the truck is put in Reverse the camera screen comes on and it is full brightness, not adjusted to match the existing setting. I have battled it as well and have to roll down my windows to use my side mirrors as windows are tinted and the full brightness blinds you completely.

jb772

Reaction score
The issue is you can dim the dash lights including the 12" screen at night, but when the truck is put in Reverse the camera screen comes on and it is full brightness, not adjusted to match the existing setting. I have battled it as well and have to roll down my windows to use my side mirrors as windows are tinted and the full brightness blinds you completely.

This is the exact situation I'm in, the 3 cars that I own all have 5% limo tint on all the windows and usually looking at the reverse screen can help my navigate, but with this trucks screen going into full brightness it's making it so that Iliterally can't see anything at all unless I roll my windows down. I even have to sometimes put my hand in front of the screen to try and figure out where I'm going because of the light going into my eyes.

jb772

Reaction score
For some reason I thought there was a Auto or Nighttime setting that you may be able to change in Lighting settings
I'll have to go into the settings to see if I can find this - I went through them quickly the other day but couldn't find anything.

cipherbreak

Reaction score
This is the exact situation I'm in, the 3 cars that I own all have 5% limo tint on all the windows and usually looking at the reverse screen can help my navigate, but with this trucks screen going into full brightness it's making it so that Iliterally can't see anything at all unless I roll my windows down. I even have to sometimes put my hand in front of the screen to try and figure out where I'm going because of the light going into my eyes.

Having exactly the same issue. Rolling down the windows helps but the screen is the problem. It should remain at the same brightness level!

djjr50

Reaction score
Yes...I just got my truck Sunday and I am struggling with this aspect. I will try turning off the screen altogether but I do find the surround view very helpful.

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
I have found that if you adjust your Dimmer Control it will dim the 12" screen and the Center console. (This is one of the controls next to your lights.) When I bought it, the dimmer was at 100%, and was too bright at night, however when I "clicked" it off 100% it dimmed the screen to a reasonable level.

djjr50

Reaction score
I have found that if you adjust your Dimmer Control it will dim the 12" screen and the Center console. (This is one of the controls next to your lights.) When I bought it, the dimmer was at 100%, and was too bright at night, however when I "clicked" it off 100% it dimmed the screen to a reasonable level.
Great find.

Too bad the screen only has two levels...really bright and not as bright. Thought it would dim lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online