5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Screen Protector - the OCDplug

RickWaz

Reaction score

rws1944

Reaction score
Hi all. I just purchased this and was wondering if anyone out there has it installed and can give some feedback? Cheers!

https://www.theocdplug.com/shop/p/2019-2020-dodge-ram-121
If you follow the instructions they are very easy to install yourself. Key is to get the screen absolutely clean and free of finger prints and other oils before installation. I used clean cotton gloves and used the supplied tool to remove any air bubbles. Be extremely careful not to touch the back side of the protector that mounts to the screen during installation. It took me about five minutes start to finish and I can't tell its even there.

borden72

Reaction score
Mine is a different brand and glossy. I didn't find a matte version. I think that would be better as reflections make it difficult to see the display sometimes.

hoodac78

Reaction score
Mine is a different brand and glossy. I didn't find a matte version. I think that would be better as reflections make it difficult to see the display sometimes.
I went with this one because of the matte finish. I was looking at the Kykr brand that was very highly recommended here on the forum and the one they had on Amazon Prime here in Canada was glossy and was almost $100 for the kit. The OCDplug was $50 US and with the conversion, it was still about 35 dollars cheaper.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

hoodac78

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update about this product. It came in the mail yesterday and when I first got it, I have to say it seemed a bit Mickey Mouse. There was no box or packaging to speak of. It was just dumped into a bubble envelope. I don't know if Customs maybe did this when it was shipped, but it didn't leave a very professional impression. In any case, I had paid for it, and all the instructions and materials were there, so I went ahead with the install. I followed the instructions and it went on super easy. No issues. Like I posted before, I went with a matte finish as I wanted to cut down on the glare a bit from the screen. So far, I think it looks good, and if worse comes to worse, I'll peel it off and get something else. I included a few photos. InkedOCDplug1_LI.jpg InkedOCDplug2_LI.jpg OCDplug3.jpg OCDplug4.jpg

ABess

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update about this product. It came in the mail yesterday and when I first got it, I have to say it seemed a bit Mickey Mouse. There was no box or packaging to speak of. It was just dumped into a bubble envelope. I don't know if Customs maybe did this when it was shipped, but it didn't leave a very professional impression. In any case, I had paid for it, and all the instructions and materials were there, so I went ahead with the install. I followed the instructions and it went on super easy. No issues. Like I posted before, I went with a matte finish as I wanted to cut down on the glare a bit from the screen. So far, I think it looks good, and if worse comes to worse, I'll peel it off and get something else. I included a few photos. View attachment 69530 View attachment 69531 View attachment 69532 View attachment 69533
Hey Brother, how is the OCD Plug holding up?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a $10 or so dollar protector from amazon and it worked great until I traded the truck in yesterday. I need to buy another now.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had my OCDPlug protector for over a year. Can't say anything about the cheaper ones, but this one is amazing. I haven't seen a fingerprint on the screen since I put it on, gives it a matte finish, and I only ever wipe a bit of dust off it every now and then. The only downside is that when you first put it on you'll notice your screen isn't as crisp as without it. After using it for a while you won't notice that anymore.

ABess

Reaction score
Santa got one for Christmas! I like the look.

Users who are viewing this thread