5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" screen "device not supported" and then cycles reboot every 15 seconds

Rebel87

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with this. I purchased my 2020 ram rebel like 2 days ago. Every time I start the truck the screen boots up, gives me a device not supported and then reboots and does it again over and over.

Myk5486

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with this. I purchased my 2020 ram rebel like 2 days ago. Every time I start the truck the screen boots up, gives me a device not supported and then reboots and does it again over and over.
This is happening for me also! Hopefully someone has an answer.

Rebel87

Reaction score
This is happening for me also! Hopefully someone has an answer.
I took it to the dealer, they are going to replace the screen. I spoke with FCA, Uconnect tech and guardian and they all said it sounded like damaged hardware from shipping. But they also all tried to play it off like this was new news to them.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had similar issue and reset worked. Don't be surprised if FCA denys replacement and is told do further testing(personal experience) . Try disconnecting battery for 15 minutes and see if that fixes your problem.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

limited_19

Reaction score
This happend to me after taking it to the dealer for a software update due to numerous other issues. Now almost every time I start my truck it says device not supported and if you hit okay it just keeps poping up. System not useable. FCA refused to replace unit, so I hired a lemon law attorney. Love my truck, hate this POS unconnect system.

Rebel87

Reaction score
Mine literally started working today. My truck wouldn't key fob start, I'm assuming because it's -31 here. So I started the truck myself. Got in, screen worked fine, radio, no unsupported device or reboot. Had LTE connection finally, hotspot works too. I'm going to let them replace the radio anyways just incase.

coachdizzy

Reaction score
I took it to the dealer, they are going to replace the screen. I spoke with FCA, Uconnect tech and guardian and they all said it sounded like damaged hardware from shipping. But they also all tried to play it off like this was new news to them.
How did you contact a uconnect tech?

Brokenwise

Reaction score
I had something similar with my 2019. Dealer attempted to order a whole new 12 inch unit but FCA required them to replace the usb media hub. Dealer replaced the media hub and the problem went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk5486

Reaction score
I found a post on System Reboot 45-60 seconds post and @mike12193 posted the below. I tried this couple days ago and haven't had an issue since. Hopefully it holds!!!!

Steps:
Delete the phone from the radios Bluetooth.
Delete the truck from the phones Bluetooth
Let the radio power down, open door, close door and wait two minutes
Repair the phone.

Good Luck!

Delane2500

Reaction score
I purchased my built to serve 1 month and had the note 10+ and everything worked fine, I purched the note 20 ultra and now I get the cycling device not supported. I have tried all the above recommendations except taking it to the dealership

Wilrob

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram 1500 and my 12 inch screen does the exact same thing. device not supported and then after about 10 seconds it shuts off and then does the whole thing over and over again. every now and then after about 20 minutes of doing it, it will stop and play normally. I have taken it to the dealer and they say its the radio but I'm skeptical because they made a quick diagnosis and because my vehicle is out of warranty they won't fix it. my truck has about 58k miles on it and its certified but certified means nothing to FCA. Anyway has anyone found a permanent fix yet?

dmchugh24

Reaction score
All of the above happened to me for about 3-4 months. Sometimes it would occasionally work but most of the time it would continuously say device not supported, and then eventually it would go into a reboot cycle. Went to the dealer 3x's for this and they tried to say that FCA has never seen anything like it before, when they would perform a reset it would sometimes work for maybe a week, and then I would get the same issues back. They eventually replaced the Media Hub and never had an issue since. When it happened to me I was the only one on the forum to have the issue but now it seems to be happening to more and more trucks.

Brokenwise

Reaction score
It’s been over a year now since the dealer replaced my media hub for the USB under the screen. Not a single issue after they replaced it.
Mine was under warranty so I can’t say how much it would have cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilrob

Reaction score
So through all the posts the consensus seems to be that its the usb media. Now my next question since my truck is out of warranty does anyone have any experience or literature on how to replace it?

Andrew C

Reaction score
All of the above happened to me for about 3-4 months. Sometimes it would occasionally work but most of the time it would continuously say device not supported, and then eventually it would go into a reboot cycle. Went to the dealer 3x's for this and they tried to say that FCA has never seen anything like it before, when they would perform a reset it would sometimes work for maybe a week, and then I would get the same issues back. They eventually replaced the Media Hub and never had an issue since. When it happened to me I was the only one on the forum to have the issue but now it seems to be happening to more and more trucks.
Hi, I have the same problem with my Ram 1500 Sports . I am looking to do the same fix that was done to yours
Do you have a list of what they replaced, what parts make up the Media Hub? is it just the screen or is it every thing including the CD player and USB ports etc and the main computer?
How is your truck performing now?

stalkerish

Reaction score
To those of you that had the dealer replace the media hub, what steps did you take the dealer to resolve this issue? They have already replaced my radio but refuse to go any farther stating it is a software issue that I must wait for. Its been well over a month with this pop up. I have not been pleased with the dealer experience thus far. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Wilrob

Reaction score
have been having this problem since I got my truck in 2020 I even posted a thread about it myself and I finally fixed it!!! It's the media hub. I have a 2019 1500 laramie 12 inch uconnect. I went to the dealership and picked a new one up for 50 bucks and it's super easy to change. You have to remove the console which is only 6 bolts 10mm. The old one pulls out and the new one snaps in. I youtubed 2019 ram console removal and a guy was putting lights in his interior but during that he gives instructions on removing console. It to me about 45 minutes to get it done and back together. Hope this helps someone.

Users who are viewing this thread