5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" screen and instrument screen turning on and off at night? Truck is off and locked...

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
Saw this for the first time last night. Truck was parked on the driveway and as I was heading to bed, peaked out of the front door and saw what looked like an illuminated centre instrument cluster screen. Strange I thought and as I continued to watch, off it went. Ok.....then a minute later, on again?

It was freezing outside so I didnt feel like going out but this kept happening for a few minutes so out I went. I didnt take the key fob and looked inside (truck was locked BTW) and the USB slots, with the illuminated light around them, was always on? Very weird....

As I watched, the right stack of illuminated buttons (passenger side, along the right side of the screen) would flicker wildly, then stop and the instrument cluster would turn on (it said that thing about pressing the brake to turn the truck on). In addition, the RAM screen logo would also pop on. And of course, as I went in to grab the phone to record this, it stopped

I unlocked the truck and locked it again and it stopped doing it. At least, I went to bed and didnt see it again.

I wonder though, is it possible this was the system somehow updating itself? Anyone else experience this?

Users who are viewing this thread