5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch Uconnect USB1, USB2, USB3 media outputs not working - charging works - Apple Carplay gone

Handtoekneee

Reaction score
New here, however i could not find anything on this issue. I upgraded my speakers in my 2019 Ram 12.1 HC system. I had to disconnect the 12.1 inch screen to install the after market wiring harness. I completed the job, put everything back together, plugged everything in. I have full functionality: Nav, Bluetooth, SAT radio, back up camera, wireless charging, everything. However, all my media inputs: USB1,USB2,USB3, etc are charging but i cant play media through them anymore in addition to carplay no longer working. Has anyone had any issues like this and is there a fix?

Thanks
Anthony

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Sounds like something isn't plugged correctly to another module/unit behind there.

Handtoekneee

Reaction score
Sounds like something isn't plugged correctly to another module/unit behind there.

Everything is definitely plugged in...I checked and triple checked...the center console is only 6 bolts and 2 plugs that come from the main cpu.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everything is definitely plugged in...I checked and triple checked...the center console is only 6 bolts and 2 plugs that come from the main cpu.
When I first purchased my truck, Ports would charge but cycle on/off, no car play. Dealer disassembled, could not find a problem, so reassembled and told me to make another troubleshooting appointment. But, when they reassembled, everything came up operating correctly. Never had another issue since and I'm now over 8000 miles. I think you'll need to unplug and reseat those console connections.

Handtoekneee

Reaction score
When I first purchased my truck, Ports would charge but cycle on/off, no car play. Dealer disassembled, could not find a problem, so reassembled and told me to make another troubleshooting appointment. But, when they reassembled, everything came up operating correctly. Never had another issue since and I'm now over 8000 miles. I think you'll need to unplug and reseat those console connections.

Unfortunately I’ve done that and I got nothing...inputs show up on screen, I plug my iPhone in and it just charges the phone...no media output

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deriggs007

Reaction score
After you did all of that, did you perhaps try to disconnect the battery after you reconnected everything to see if maybe it resets?

I know you probably disconnected battery to dissasimble, but maybe after everything is actually turned on.

Handtoekneee

Reaction score
I did everything with the battery disconnected...as a matter of fact...if you disconnect the screen and battery you lose all inputs, sat radio, backup camera, and wireless charging. It all eventually comes back except the ability to play media via USB and Apple CarPlay disappears.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
RIght, but I mean after you have it all installed and assembled, did you try to just disconnect the battery afterwards without touching anything? Like a hard reset of the entire truck.
It sounds like something isn't detecting right.

sass

Reaction score
If I’m thinking right, you reset the radio so you will need to pair your iPhone back to your unit. The owners manual will guide you... just a thought you know.

Handtoekneee

Reaction score
If I’m thinking right, you reset the radio so you will need to pair your iPhone back to your unit. The owners manual will guide you... just a thought you know.

Does the manual tell you how to reset it outside of the function through the traditional settings menu? I have done everything I can think of...i have full functionality aside from the ability to use Carolyn and media through the USB ports.

MascotteBear

Reaction score
Have you tried checking the screen mirroring box in the settings? That was my issue and now it works fine.

Handtoekneee

Reaction score
I’ll have to check that out. I did notice that I can get the media/car play to work while using usb-c but not regular usb.

N7GZN

Reaction score
I had a similar issue, intermittently usb communication would fail, tried different thumb drives, usb cables, and phones with no change.
Usb charging was unaffected.
Eventually the usb connected and disconnected at 5-10 second intervals. Took it in for service and the dealer diagnosed it as a failed usb hub. Replaced the hub and I have had no more problems.

Users who are viewing this thread