5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 Inch UConnect System USB won't load all songs

wawa1152

Reaction score
I have tried many different things to narrow down my problem, but my USB fails to load all songs and folders. It plays the ones it loads perfectly.
USB is formatted NTFS, had thousands of songs on stick, but reduced the number to a few hundred to try to troubleshoot, but no luck. Only loads about 2/3 of the folders. Anyone with same issue?

Boozygoose

Reaction score
I have tried many different things to narrow down my problem, but my USB fails to load all songs and folders. It plays the ones it loads perfectly.
USB is formatted NTFS, had thousands of songs on stick, but reduced the number to a few hundred to try to troubleshoot, but no luck. Only loads about 2/3 of the folders. Anyone with same issue?

I am not very tech savvy so I won't be much help in a solution, but I had same problem.

Pulled thumb drive from my Ford with 2K songs, plugged into Ram and only spooled up 1147 of them. Seemed to drop whole folders of certain bands.

Tried several fixes to no avail. Finally bought a new thumb drive and loaded them all on new drive. That worked and I have been able to add additional songs with no problem.

Have no idea why it worked, but it did.

wawa1152

Reaction score
Strange result when I formatted FAT32. I have a SANDISK 128GB. I formated it, and the usb drive did not recognized all songs. I formatted a smaller drive 16GB at FAT32 and that smaller drive recognized all of the songs. How can this be?

wawa1152

Reaction score
Anybody have the same issue? Wont load all songs on 128GB Fat32 USB

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Anybody have the same issue? Wont load all songs on 128GB Fat32 USB

It is possible the system doesn’t recognize a drive more than certain size. Try a 64GB and see if it sees everything, else drop down to 32 GB

ant0064

Reaction score
I am not very tech savvy so I won't be much help in a solution, but I had same problem.

Pulled thumb drive from my Ford with 2K songs, plugged into Ram and only spooled up 1147 of them. Seemed to drop whole folders of certain bands.

Tried several fixes to no avail. Finally bought a new thumb drive and loaded them all on new drive. That worked and I have been able to add additional songs with no problem.

Have no idea why it worked, but it did.

What thumb drive did you buy that ended up working?

Users who are viewing this thread