5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch software and map upgrade 2023

limechallenger

Reaction score
So I just bought the new 23 software and map upgrades ( I have not received them yet) from Mopar. This is for my 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel with 12 inch screen. My question is has anyone done this yet and what can I expect to see different?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just bought the new 23 software and map upgrades ( I have not received them yet) from Mopar. This is for my 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel with 12 inch screen. My question is has anyone done this yet and what can I expect to see different?
Waist of money. Nothing new in the software upgrade to call it major. Maps are from Q422, so a year old.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
I received my software and map usb sticks. Took advantage of the $50 off deal they had.
Updated the software. But the version didn't change. So I must have the latest already.
Jumped through the hoops to get the activation code, but the update failed because of an invalid code or an invalid map on the stick.
I'll be calling them to walk me through the process. they're only available M-F.

How'd yours go?

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Called today.
They helped me install both the software and maps. Guess I wasn't successful with the software.
Had to do a soft reset before it would all install.
TIP: The soft reset was to shut off the truck, open all 4 doors, wait 3 minutes, close 3 doors, get in, close the last door, start the truck, start software and map install.

limechallenger

Reaction score
I called to number that came with the software, they gave me a new request number. From there it loaded great!

Users who are viewing this thread