5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch screen users

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a screen protector for mine. It's a matte finish so it minimizes finger prints, there's no glare.

I'm curious about the matte finish, because I don't like the glare, etc, however my only concern (WARNING...You may find this a silly concern!) is that the matte would then be in contrast with the glossy piano-black bezel...Do you find any aesthetic issue there? (I warned you!) It just looks so nice when everything is clean and gleaming.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious about the matte finish, because I don't like the glare, etc, however my only concern (WARNING...You may find this a silly concern!) is that the matte would then be in contrast with the glossy piano-black bezel...Do you find any aesthetic issue there? (I warned you!) It just looks so nice when everything is clean and gleaming.
No issues with the contrast as it's not that noticeable. And the reduction of glare, and fingerprints, significantly makes up for anything else.
Kykr Premium Screen Protector... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089P22TY4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Well, the contrast was very visible when I first installed it because I had already gotten used to everything being super reflective. But, I didn't like the super reflective look. I have OCD when it comes to clean and high gloss shows finger prints and dust, so I was willing to deal with the contrast.

It's not an issue any longer because I replaced my sliding console with one from a Limited, so I wrapped the sliding console doors and all of the diamond plate accents with a satin finish carbon fiber wrap. The gloss black is all that remains and it looks good. This pic is at night with a flash, so it doesn't look the best, but in person, it looks great.

20211114_193113-jpg.111268

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the contrast was very visible when I first installed it because I had already gotten used to everything being super reflective. But, I didn't like the super reflective look. I have OCD when it comes to clean and high gloss shows finger prints and dust, so I was willing to deal with the contrast.

It's not an issue any longer because I replaced my sliding console with one from a Limited, so I wrapped the sliding console doors and all of the diamond plate accents with a satin finish carbon fiber wrap. The gloss black is all that remains and it looks good. This pic is at night with a flash, so it doesn't look the best, but in person, it looks great.

20211114_193113-jpg.111268
Wow, that looks really good! Thanks...think I'm sold on the Matte finish.

Users who are viewing this thread