5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch screen issues

Mavroni

Reaction score
Hi there, I’m new in here. After 16 years Lexus and almost 300k on 2 Lexus, one car, and one suv, no issues at all, just 2 oxygen sensors on the car at 125k, and 4 door actuators on the suv at 140k I needed new car and was impressed with the new RM1500 so I get one limited, 68k sticker. Waited for the one with the e-torque system. Got to the dealer they just got one from the truck, started it and nothing worked inside no odometer, no screen , the dash was just dark, nothing but was running. I was told it’s still in transport mode. They said it’s ok to do a test drive so I did. Came back 2 days later to sign the paperwork and drive it home, it had 90 miles already. Anyway, at that point everything was working. Drove it of the lot and five mile later the screen and the dash turned black, nothing like on the test drive, no response whatever you do. I pulled over turned it off and on again and was fine. Now when it sits overnight when I start it and put on revers the cam is on and when go to d the screen is black and not responsive. I have to turn the car off and then on to get it to work. That happens every other day, I’m at over 3k miles. It haven’t happened for the past 3 days and I’ll be extremely happy if it does not do it anymore lol. I see people have problems with the breaks, so far for me it’s ok. I love the truck, I never saw myself in a pickup but this one is something different. I’ve been driving almost every make and model, working in the auto industry , for the past 18 years and the ride on this truck is unbelievably good. Hope those glitches to get fixed with some updates. Anyone has the exact issue?

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Welcome, I don't have those issues. However if your dealer is worth his salt they should be able to fix you up. I hope it gets fixed so you can enjoy imo, the nicest screen around in any truck.

AndyUK2019

Reaction score
Hi there, I’m new in here. After 16 years Lexus and almost 300k on 2 Lexus, one car, and one suv, no issues at all, just 2 oxygen sensors on the car at 125k, and 4 door actuators on the suv at 140k I needed new car and was impressed with the new RM1500 so I get one limited, 68k sticker. Waited for the one with the e-torque system. Got to the dealer they just got one from the truck, started it and nothing worked inside no odometer, no screen , the dash was just dark, nothing but was running. I was told it’s still in transport mode. They said it’s ok to do a test drive so I did. Came back 2 days later to sign the paperwork and drive it home, it had 90 miles already. Anyway, at that point everything was working. Drove it of the lot and five mile later the screen and the dash turned black, nothing like on the test drive, no response whatever you do. I pulled over turned it off and on again and was fine. Now when it sits overnight when I start it and put on revers the cam is on and when go to d the screen is black and not responsive. I have to turn the car off and then on to get it to work. That happens every other day, I’m at over 3k miles. It haven’t happened for the past 3 days and I’ll be extremely happy if it does not do it anymore lol. I see people have problems with the breaks, so far for me it’s ok. I love the truck, I never saw myself in a pickup but this one is something different. I’ve been driving almost every make and model, working in the auto industry , for the past 18 years and the ride on this truck is unbelievably good. Hope those glitches to get fixed with some updates. Anyone has the exact issue?
Yep I have the exact same issue, same truck, same miles, only I’m in the uk so can’t take it to a dealer, my importer is getting a software update for via memory stick, hope this works!

Brent0407

Reaction score
Same issues my screen went black on me randomly a couple of times now.

dubp44

Reaction score
What is the fix? I just had this happen to my 2019 limited Ivory white tri coat. Absolutely love this truck. Absolutely HATE that it did this 2 weeks after I bought it. Please please please can anybody help. It’s ruining my experience of the new truck.

Mystyborne

Reaction score
I was on a new truck high... until this morning (day 3), when my back up camera stopped working. I figured I had probably pushed some setting and went to internet to figure out how to resolve. That is when I came across the staggering amount of issues the back up camera has caused new ram owners. I've scheduled a service appointment for tomorrow so they can hopefully fix the issue. I've had 3 Ford F-150s over the last 15 years, and decided to try Ram for the first time. I'm really happy with the truck, but having an issue like this occur on day 3 is very troubling.

Julio Figueroa

Reaction score
I just buy a Ram , trade my SRT8 Cherokee 100,000 miles no issues. Second day 100 miles and my backup camera and my screen goes dark. I don’t want the Pick up but they said I need to keep the pick up. They set an appointment for tomorrow let’s see what’s happens but real I just bought it for the screen feature ‍♂️

threestrongs

Reaction score
I've been having the same issue. The whole screen just goes blank. Nothing at all and it won't come back on at all. Dealer did a reset and erased fault codes and it started working again but went dead after about 2 weeks again. Does anyone have any word on how to fix this issue? Other than that, 2019 1500 Limited is an amazing truck.

Mark O

Reaction score
My issue with my 2019 RAM 1500 Limited is the 12" screen seems to freeze when it's cold outside or somewhere around the 40 degree or below point. It will eventually become operational but takes a while to warm up. By then the steering wheel and drivers seat are hot as hell and I can't turn them off until the screen is functioning again.

SLH2020

Reaction score
My issue with my 2019 RAM 1500 Limited is the 12" screen seems to freeze when it's cold outside or somewhere around the 40 degree or below point. It will eventually become operational but takes a while to warm up. By then the steering wheel and drivers seat are hot as hell and I can't turn them off until the screen is functioning again.
The steering wheel and seat does get hot, dont they?
I've had my 2020 for about 3 months and so far no issues with the screen or anything else (knock on wood). I actually asked my salesman about the screen issue before I bought it. He said he has never had that complaint but he also said he has all his customers set up their uconnect and Ram acct before leaving the showroom. He said he thinks that by doing that, it takes care of any issues. Idk but that sounded like typical salesman BS to me but like I said...I've had no issues :)

Tbarbour

Reaction score
I've been having the same issue. The whole screen just goes blank. Nothing at all and it won't come back on at all. Dealer did a reset and erased fault codes and it started working again but went dead after about 2 weeks again. Does anyone have any word on how to fix this issue? Other than that, 2019 1500 Limited is an amazing truck.
Have you received anything else on this? I have the same issue.. My screen went out a few weeks ago, I have no audio, no backup camera, nothing! My heat and heated seats still work but I cannot control them without the screen. Restarting the truck does not fix my issue unfortunately. The dealer "did a reset" and it started working again. Now, I am having the issue again and of course, I am outside my warranty.

DaddyG21

Reaction score
i've had the same issue with my2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn. I love my truck but this issue is a pain!!

Users who are viewing this thread