5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12-inch nav lost its location, not sure what to do

ncarter124

Reaction score
No clue how this happened, but today I went to pick up some items from a location I’ve never been to before. It was out in the sticks but not too bad, didn’t lose cell service or anything..

Well now my nav thinks I am still there. Sitting in my driveway I ask it to route to home and it says home (where I am parked) is 20+ miles away. It shows good signal to the GPS satellite, turned the truck off and on, etc to no avail. Am I going to have to reset the whole unit?

ncarter124

Reaction score
Looks like it corrected itself this morning. Problem solved I guess.

Striker99

Reaction score
I have the same issue.... eventually it corrects itself but it takes a awhile. Is there away to do it manually?

TireSlayer

Reaction score
It happens from time to time. I had a 2016 Tahoe that spent more time in "calibration" mode than actually working.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
No clue how this happened, but today I went to pick up some items from a location I’ve never been to before. It was out in the sticks but not too bad, didn’t lose cell service or anything..

Well now my nav thinks I am still there. Sitting in my driveway I ask it to route to home and it says home (where I am parked) is 20+ miles away. It shows good signal to the GPS satellite, turned the truck off and on, etc to no avail. Am I going to have to reset the whole unit?

I have also experienced this, last week was the first time. This week its done it twice. I'm going to disconnect the battery today and hopefully the reset will get it back operating reliably again.

Psimpson

Reaction score
you can push the button on the bottom that has the lat/lon numbers and it goes to a screen showing the satellites you are receiving data from. On mine all the bars are green except the one on the right which is blue.
Once mine only showed one satellite and it showed me off the road by a few miles. It never found itself until I shut the truck off, then they all were back.

Users who are viewing this thread