5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 Inch Display ..

Sjleo1288

Reaction score
Its looks to be some kind of coating defect..
Today i noticed this on my 12 inch display out of
this appeared. I am not sure what is going on but i know for sure I'm pissed..This truck is getting more and more bothersome and unattractive...We just got back off of vacation with no mechanical issues put over 1200 miles in four days and now this 20190729_130403.jpg

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like something reflected onto that surface and focused the heat. Should be a simple trim replacement at the dealer, if you can get them to buy it as defective. Did anyone leave sunglasses, glass, magnifying glass, curved cell phone, etc in the truck on a sunny day?

Sjleo1288

Reaction score
Looks like something reflected onto that surface and focused the heat. Should be a simple trim replacement at the dealer, if you can get them to buy it as defective. Did anyone leave sunglasses, glass, magnifying glass, curved cell phone, etc in the truck on a sunny day?
No sunglasses or anything magnifying sun , because I always put up my windshield sun protection....I'm sure by using electronic devices for a long period something overheated or exposed that part of the framing...if it's just a replacement issue then it should be covered in warranty I only have 14,000 miles...

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the Pano Roof? Sun glare can come through any windows, not just the windshield, especially at the angle this would happen at, the windshield is probably the least suspect spot.

I'm just guessing, that's what it looks like to me, heat damage from focused light. But who knows. Hope the dealer is good to you regardless

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to get that checked out right away in my opinion. I suspect that the wiring behind the piece in that area is defective and overheated. If you don't get it fixed it may cause even more damage. I doubt seriously that focused light was the cause. Please give us a follow up report. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread