5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch connect upgrade

Nickrussian

Reaction score
hello every one I have a 2019 ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the harman and pardon 19 speaker sound system, and I hate the way it sounds very low volume poor quality sound and was thinking about have a stereo shop add a aftermarket amplifier but not sure if thats possible has any one had this done? please let me know thanks guy

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many posts on your reported problem. Most always resolved with the stereo update (TSB) from the dealer. Mine sounds great at volume level 15-17 and becomes almost too loud around 20-22. If you are at higher volume levels than this and it sounds quiet, get the update. I am rarely over 20 when blasting a song.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Many posts on your reported problem. Most always resolved with the stereo update (TSB) from the dealer. Mine sounds great at volume level 15-17 and becomes almost too loud around 20-22. If you are at higher volume levels than this and it sounds quiet, get the update. I am rarely over 20 when blasting a song.

This for sure.

12 seems to be perfect for normal conversations in vehicle. anything over about 18 on my music is enough to drown out the screaming kids in the back seat complaining about my music choice ;).

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hello every one I have a 2019 ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the harman and pardon 19 speaker sound system, and I hate the way it sounds very low volume poor quality sound and was thinking about have a stereo shop add a aftermarket amplifier but not sure if thats possible has any one had this done? please let me know thanks guy
I am happy with the TSB flash. It really increased the volume levels.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Th
what tse is this?
The amp update TSB. It came out back in November I believe. It totally changes the sound. Some folks hate it because it adds lots of bass boom but if you play around with it and tweak the equalizer it’s not bad. It resolved the low volume issue.

jerry

Reaction score
I think its TSB 08-123-18. took mine in a month ago and had it done, now I can't turn it up past a quarter the way. before I could run it at full blast and it was loud but bearable. So glad I found out about it on youtube.

jerry

Reaction score
This affected build dates from Jan 2018 - July 2018.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This affected build dates from Jan 2018 - July 2018.
I think it covers build dates beyond July 2018. I have an August 2018 build date and had the low volume issue which my dealer fixed with the TSB flash.

jerry

Reaction score
I think it covers build dates beyond July 2018. I have an August 2018 build date and had the low volume issue which my dealer fixed with the TSB flash.
Sorry, your right it was through Aug.28,2018.

Reaction score
I have the August 2018 build which I assume already has the TSB flash. My unit is very loud and carries too much "muddied" base. The high range sound jumps from the driver-side front speaker (seems to be coming from the windshield) and there is no detail from the door speakers (likely just mid-range drivers). There are no overhead speakers except above the back seats. I am not in love with the system and am also considering upgrading various parts when I can figure out how to get the sound out of the windshield.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the August 2018 build which I assume already has the TSB flash. My unit is very loud and carries too much "muddied" base. The high range sound jumps from the driver-side front speaker (seems to be coming from the windshield) and there is no detail from the door speakers (likely just mid-range drivers). There are no overhead speakers except above the back seats. I am not in love with the system and am also considering upgrading various parts when I can figure out how to get the sound out of the windshield.
I have an August build too but the update didn’t come out until either October or November so you most likely don’t have it unless you were in for service during that time period. You may want to look into it. The flash IMHO sounds way better than how it came from the factory.

pgers22

Reaction score
got my rebel 12 last month, what are the odds it was updated before? seems i have the bass at -2 and songs are still rattling the back seat. any way to check and see if that update was done?

Tmcb

Reaction score
Why does an owner have to find out about this fix through research as opposed to Chrysler sending out a note to owners

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Why does an owner have to find out about this fix through research as opposed to Chrysler sending out a note to owners

This is not a recall. It's a fix for a problem that only some people are having. All vehicles have them, you'll see more and more of it because of all the electronics in modern vehicles. Just like any other piece of software, there's always a bug and always room for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have an August build too but the update didn’t come out until either October or November so you most likely don’t have it unless you were in for service during that time period. You may want to look into it. The flash IMHO sounds way better than how it came from the factory.
The tech at the dealer claimed there was not a flash available for my vehicle. I have had several problems with this dealer though and have suspicions they just didn't want to do it. I'm not sure what recourse I have

Reaction score
This is not a recall. It's a fix for a problem that only some people are having. All vehicles have them, you'll see more and more of it because of all the electronics in modern vehicles. Just like any other piece of software, there's always a bug and always room for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. though most software offers a mechanism to view the current version. Is there some way to find out which version we are running? The dealer has not been helpful in my case.

Nickrussian

Reaction score
The tech at the dealer claimed there was not a flash available for my vehicle. I have had several problems with this dealer though and have suspicions they just didn't want to do it. I'm not sure what recourse I have

my dealer ''claims'' my radio was up to date and didn't need the update

Users who are viewing this thread