5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Good Idea

Fuel_Sport

Reaction score
I didnt know I could get level 1 trim with 12" screen. I assume (oh no) that is will have to be special ordered. Every 12" screen I have seen has always been with the un-wanted level 2 trim.

I was lucky. I searched for Atleast a month before I found one with level 1 and 12” with everything I wanted.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I didnt know I could get level 1 trim with 12" screen. I assume (oh no) that is will have to be special ordered. Every 12" screen I have seen has always been with the un-wanted level 2 trim.

You can get it with the level 1.

My loaner was a level 1 Laramie and had the 12"

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess it’s been awhile since I ordered, I believe the 12” is a stand alone option on a Laramie, or part of the level 2, Correct? I know with the Longhorn it was part of the Level 1. There is no level 2 on a Longhorn.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Guess it’s been awhile since I ordered, I believe the 12” is a stand alone option on a Laramie, or part of the level 2, Correct? I know with the Longhorn it was part of the Level 1. There is no level 2 on a Longhorn.

It is an option but requires a Level 1, not a level 2. See my post above.

Old Ray

Reaction score
Posted this today in another thread, sorry if its duplicated and repetitive;

" Just some general observations, usually wrong, because I'm old.

I have had a Limited since July but its a mostly a garage Queen.

Under the "what if" heading, have I told you I'm old, (oh yah, I forgot) but I find the 12 inch screen very distracting, the climate and audio controls all have to be touch screen entered, which in some cases requires screen changing. My daily compute is on a twisty narrow snow covered ski hill road with on coming traffic in my lane, not the time to be looking at the screen. I realized now that I would prefer old school knobs, blind memory adjustment."

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are physical buttons to raise and lower temps and fan control/auto. There are buttons on the back side of the steering wheel to control many of the audio functions. For functions you use often, move those to the bottom of the screen and they're a tap away.

I may not be as old as Ray, but I'm also no spring chicken either....and I love the big display. My eyes aren't what they used to be and the smaller the screen, usually the more difficult it is to see what's there.

Barqs

Reaction score
If I had ordered a truck I wouldn't have gotten the 12" screen for the same reason as many others have stated (wanted knobs, distracting, reliability concerns, etc.). But when we saw the mid-year price jump of $950 on two identical Laramie trim trucks on our dealer lot, I decided to buy now and bought a Level 2 with the 12" screen. In the big scheme of things it was the same price. Now that I've had the 12" for a week I'm glad my wife nudged me into buying it. I have found it a big advantage being able to have the nav on the top screen while using the lower position for either the radio or A/C controls. It also wins points with my co-workers who have lame Ford and GM radios, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread