5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12.1 Uconnect Problems - Replacement

nmajor18

Reaction score
I have an update for those of you that have seen some of my comments and threads about my 12.1 Uconnect problems (loss of pre-sets dating back to March and finally the last dealer installed update a few weeks ago that randomly plays BT and SXM at the same time while blanking my screen, and navigation that won't work). My dealer has finally found pity on my truck and talked to the their dealer rep and was granted permission to order a new radio. They had previously told me that FCA wouldn't allow them to order a new unit so keep fighting! I'll keep you posted on wether a new unit fixes the issue.

On a side note, my radio worked fine (minus the pre-set issue) until the dealer installed the latest update. That fixed my preset problem but after a week my navigation quit working (the truck thought it was still in the last position at key off and there was not satellite fix), the automatic boards would not always deploy on entry or retract late (after the truck was in motion) and the screen would go blank when returning to D from backing up at startup. The latest update made things worse, as I see most of you are finding out!

Users who are viewing this thread