5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12.1 Uconnect Fart

Kinger124

Reaction score
Started the truck this morning and was going to go down to get a cup of coffee and noticed that the screen was stuck in the controls section. Nothing I did fix the issue so I opted to disconnect the negative on the battery to reset it. It did reset it but then asked me for a vehicle theft code which I don't have and I looked through all of my paperwork and I have nothing of the sort.

So at the moment the radio just lets me listen to FM and I cannot control my steps I cannot use my backup camera I cannot use the heated steering wheel the heated seats excetera excetera.

Is there anything I can do besides wait till Monday morning and called the dealership and possibly have to drive the vehicle out to the dealership for something so stupid?

I mean seriously nothing is working. Not even climate control..

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Turning vehicle off then restart it did the trick the the last time the theft code popped up on me.

Kinger124

Reaction score
Turning vehicle off then restart it did the trick the the last time the theft code popped up on me.
I've restarted about 8 times today. Nothing is working. I don't even have a theft code screen anymore unless I disconnect the battery

gr8ridn

Reaction score
You need to have the dealer check this out. On my ram I have disconnected the battery several times to install AMP power steps and the radio never asked for a code after be reconnected. The code should be retained and associated with your truck automatically. If the radio was installed after the original factory installation then it would require a one time code input. There is likely something wrong with your uconnect that might require reprogramming or replacement by the dealer.

Kinger124

Reaction score
Just started and drove down the road and everything was back to normal.. wtf lol

Noubon125

Reaction score
I've restarted about 8 times today. Nothing is working. I don't even have a theft code screen anymore unless I disconnect the battery
Try to check for update software in the settings. Mine usually freezing like that but after 2 updates. It work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online