5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” screen hot in summer weather

Drumnut14

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has experienced a very hot 12” screen in summer weather. I live in Arizona and the temps are now in the 100’s. I use a sun shade and dealer installed tint but after a work day sitting in the parking lot, it’s is surprisingly hot to the touch. Any similar experiences? Thanks

Reaction score
Dealer installed tint is usually pretty low quality. I wouldn’t rely on that for any heat protection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drumnut14

Reaction score
Dealer installed tint is usually pretty low quality. I wouldn’t rely on that for any heat protection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, kinda figured that. Of course would of been easier if they didn’t put it on at all, now I have to pay to remove it before and upgraded tint.

FN-2187

Reaction score
Yeah, kinda figured that. Of course would of been easier if they didn’t put it on at all, now I have to pay to remove it before and upgraded tint.
That will help a little but it still isn't going to be cool in there after being parked outside in an Arizona summer day. Are you new to Arizona? Literally everything is hot here during the summer. I'm already to the point that I don't have to use hot water in the shower because the ground water is already heated up for us.

Not trying to be a dickhead, just the truth. Wait until next week when it is 115 outside and we never cool down under 95 even at night. Buckle up.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have quality tint and it doesn’t matter for the screen. It’s been 90 and I noticed this myself just yesterday how hot the screen felt when touching it, despite not being in direct sunlight.

I can only assume it’s no different than when an IPhone or IPad runs hot while charging it and using nav

Drumnut14

Reaction score
That will help a little but it still isn't going to be cool in there after being parked outside in an Arizona summer day. Are you new to Arizona? Literally everything is hot here during the summer. I'm already to the point that I don't have to use hot water in the shower because the ground water is already heated up for us.

Not trying to be a dickhead, just the truth. Wait until next week when it is 115 outside and we never cool down under 95 even at night. Buckle up.

Been here 3 years, so I understand the heat. None of my other vehicles have hot screens. All others are plastic, my Ram is glass? Just seems extra hot to the touch.

FN-2187

Reaction score
Been here 3 years, so I understand the heat. None of my other vehicles have hot screens. All others are plastic, my Ram is glass? Just seems extra hot to the touch.
Give yourself another couple of years living here. Things being hot to the touch will become normal. I decided to leave mine out of the garage today just to test this out. Sunshade but everything in the truck was hot to the touch. I burned my arm on the Limited emblem on my center armrest. Temp read 130 when I fired it up to drive this afternoon. I have never owned a vehicle with such a large screen but in my Tacoma I just got rid of the touchscreen would be hot after being parked outside all day as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/